Shaeffers or Shell

Wanted to get some ideas on what engine oil to use. I have older tractors that I farm with,1466 international and old two cylinder John Deer. I like to use 30wt I can get Shaeffer 7000 para synthetic for $23 a gallon from a rep or get rotella t1 from tsc for $14 gallon. I usually change once a year because I put around a 100 hours a year on them. I don’t mind spending more if it will actually make the engine last longer but don’t want to waste money either.Thanks

Nice tractors I really can't saw which would be the best choice. Go with the gut feeling.

I really only use them in warm weather heavy tillage 90% throttle

I’ve thought about switching to 15w40 don’t know if it would hurt after they have been straight 30 for 40 years

I’ve thought about switching to 15w40 don’t know if it would hurt after they have been straight 30 for 40 years

Zero issues whatsoever. Might even consider a 10w30. There’s no reason to run straight 30 unless it’s the only thing available.

See if you can get Schaffer’s 10w30 for the same price as the straight 30. If you need them in the cold, it should help.

Wanted to get some ideas on what engine oil to use. I have older tractors that I farm with,1466 international and old two cylinder John Deer. I like to use 30wt I can get Shaeffer 7000 para synthetic for $23 a gallon from a rep or get rotella t1 from tsc for $14 gallon. I usually change once a year because I put around a 100 hours a year on them. I don’t mind spending more if it will actually make the engine last longer but don’t want to waste money either.Thanks
I would go with the Rotella because of the price. Your tractors would never know the difference. Both are far better than what was available when those tractors were made.

I would go with the Rotella because of the price. Your tractors would never know the difference. Both are far better than what was available when those tractors were made.
Rotella, its available everywhere & a very good price. IMHO, the cheapest motor oils, gear lubes today are better than the factory fill, from 20-30-40-years ago..
BTW I use Rotella in Everything, (8 different gas & diesel engines) except my 2 seat sports car, Mobil 1 in it..

Yes that is a advantage being able to get rotella anywhere but does the Schaeffer protect the engine better

Back