Severe WX/Storms - March 30, 2022

Anybody getting bad weather currently?

Temps were unseasonably warm here (80+) today, and we got a lot of high winds. Several 18-wheelers blown over on I-40 east of here.

Currently sitting at work waiting for our electricity to come back on (I work aircraft maintenance, 1600-0230). Management has said we can’t work without lights due to safety concerns.

So we’re all sitting around talking about guns and motorcycles!

No snow here; We’re in the 60s now.

Power just came back on a little while ago, so it’s back to work for us!

Couple of days ago rain coming down so hard I was backing off from 35mph down to 25. Just strange for late March to have any rain.
Check out Electroversenet on twitter. His account's always warning about cooling due to the grand solar minimum.

Couple of days ago rain coming down so hard I was backing off from 35mph down to 25. Just strange for late March to have any rain.
Check out Electroversenet on twitter. His account's always warning about cooling due to the grand solar minimum.
I see you’re in California.

Opposite for us here in the Southeast - Spring is rain season! And tornado season.

I have been an active weather watcher. It seems the last two years have been unusually windy. Here, the 10 AM temperature was 34 degrees with freezing rain, it was 76 degrees by 4 PM. The temperature would have easily passed by 80 degrees if the sun had come out. With swings like that, something has to give.

Wednesday was relatively nice, 50’s for most of it though now it’s getting back to being colder again.

Currently this, along with 30-40mph wind gusts. Rainy and high 30’s low/mid 40’s for the foreseeable future….
5EDA587C-E303-47A5-9EDD-5ABA1CCB02D2.jpeg

With all of the droughts and severe weather you'd think we are in a maximum. IIRC maximum and minimum cycles are 10 years apart so weather should only intensify on the way up. Florida and the southwest will be in for major carnage of that's the case.

We hit 83* on Tuesday and just got 3" of snow last night and it's 30* right now....

Back