Several 11k intervals on GC = no sludge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished an ARX rinse with Delvac 1300S, cut my filter open and no deposits were in the media. Previous oil was GC, 4X at 6 month (11k) intervals. The car did have dino in it for first 30k, Synpower/Rotella Syn(G-IIIs) for 20k and GC for the last 4 long intervals. So, no deposits were there for ARX to remove. My issue is now... do I adopt a no-ester oil plan for my seals, I like Delvac 1300S and Rotella Synth, or go back to my 7 case stash of GC...at a shorter interval, like every 4 months? Sludge is a non-issue.

I just drained my first run of GC in my 30v and replaced it with 1300S. I've only had it in for a few days but I think I like the Delvac better. Both are smooth but I think the 1300 is smoother at higher revs and it's quiter. I can't tell any difference in power like I could with the Delo 400. That stuff only lasted one day. For about $5.60/gallon at Walmart Delvac 1300S is a great oil!

[ August 04, 2004, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: glxpassat ]

quote:

Originally posted by glxpassat:
I just drained my first run of GC in my 30v and replaced it with 1300S. I've only had it in for a few days but I think I like the Delvac better. Both are smooth but I think the 1300 is smoother at higher revs and it's quiter. I can't tell any difference in power like I could with the Delo 400. That stuff only lasted one day. For about $5.60/gallon at Walmart Delvac 1300S is a great oil!

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
I like Delvac 1300S and Rotella Synth, or go back to my 7 case stash of GC...at a shorter interval, like every 4 months?

Dude, is this what I have to look forward as a BITOG junkie? You have 7 cases of GC and you want to go out and buy more oil?
lol.gif

I am on my 3rd fill of Delvac and really like it. It is the only 15w-40 that does not bog down my engine. I tried SUPERTECH, Delo, Rotella and PZ-LL. The Delvac feels just like my high-end synths. I was planning synthetic once a year for winter, it does not even have to be ester-based...but I have so **** much GC here. Should I not worry about esters and my seals? I think GC showed itelf well as far as sludge goes. Delvac is so cheap, it is a non-issue as far as money goes. What would be the best plan, assume a no-cost situation between GC and Delvac.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by Virtuoso:
Or send it my way
smile.gif

It IS good to share SLX...as long as one knows it is going to a good home.
tongue.gif

pscholte, one more post and you'll have 2000!!!! Your posts are always interesting!!!

I probally did 35k on GC as my last fill was shortened to get ARX done before cold weather.

quote:

Originally posted by BR549:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by Virtuoso:
Or send it my way
smile.gif

It IS good to share SLX...as long as one knows it is going to a good home.
tongue.gif

pscholte, one more post and you'll have 2000!!!! Your posts are always interesting!!!

BR549,

Thank you very much...and you will notice I punched through the P2K barrier.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back