Sentry UHP tires opinion - Anybody have experience with these?

I never go cheap on tires, but with the wife considering a new vehicle sometime later this year and the vehicle is needing tires now - I want to save money. Currently it has Cooper Discovery AT3 all terrains - darn good tire but I don't want to pay the $230/ea for a vehicle that is going to be sold within the year. This is a Grand Cherokee by the way. Great Vehicle, no issues - she just wants something else. I have been considering the Sentry UHP tires from discount tire. I can get all 4 out the door for around 600. They are not all terrain but a more highway tire. Ratings are pretty good too. Does anybody have experience with these??

What tire size?
What is the required load rating on the sticker(door jam glove box ownersmanual underhood door whereever)?

Generic UHP tires generally burn up very quickly. They just give you sticky rubber for that ultra high performance, uh, Jeep Cherokee.

What size are we looking for?

If your wife doesn't have aspirations for off-roading more than a mall parking lot, street tires should be fine, especially if you're going to trade-in the car to the dealership. I assume we're talking 20" tires?

Cooper A/T - Walmart
A quick check just showed the 275/55R20 at $124.00

Cooper ATP - Discount Tire / America's Tire

These are the same tires as the previous Cooper AT3 at a much cheaper price (Replaced by AT3 4S, AT3 LT, AT3 XLT).

Last edited:
Thank you everyone - she has now decided to go ahead and keep the vehicle a little longer. There is nothing out there she really likes and has to have. She does use this vehicle off road a few times a year so, since we are going to keep it, I am going to go with another good AT tire but have not decided which one yet. The Coopers have been excellent and I should mention I have them on my RAM and my son has then on his truck as well. I don't mind paying more for a proven (to me) tire since we are keeping it.

These are the 20" tires.

20" is wheels. putting a tire size 275/55r20? in would help if you want anyone to post some sort of relevant deal.
I probably should have but I was only asking if anybody had experience with the tires - in ANY size. It is the same tire regardless of the size.

Back