sending oil by mail...still ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if there now will be a problem sending my oil sample from Ontario Canada to Blackstone given the new restrictions regarding liquids on aircraft?

The rule only applied to carry-on items. As far as I know, cargo regs haven't changed. Your oil sample will be riding in the cargo compartment with the other mail, so you're good. Trying to carry oil in the passenger compartment is the no-no.

quote:

Originally posted by CBDFrontier06:
The rule only applied to carry-on items. As far as I know, cargo regs haven't changed. Your oil sample will be riding in the cargo compartment with the other mail, so you're good. Trying to carry oil in the passenger compartment is the no-no.

Even so I was wondering if inspectors are going to be more picky about liquids even if they are going into cargo e.g. motor oil
shocked.gif

[ August 21, 2006, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: 21Rouge ]

At least from here, I've never had any problems. I just sent one out last month. Postage went up though, as usual.

Just get a felt pen and write an S beside "oil" on the label. "MOTOR SOIL". No liquids here, inspector, move along, please don't shake the bottle to check...

I sent an oil sample over a week ago to butler labs. haven't heard anything yet. this is right after all the news about liquid explosives on planes. great timing, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back