Semi-homemade cooking with Sandra Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watch this show?

Just started getting into it. Beside the fact that she's a hottie...I like how she makes great-tasting meals using a combination of both fresh (like veggies) and prepared (like frozen or canned) ingredients.

Sometimes, I just don't have the time to do-up an entire meal from scratch.

Just got one of her cookbooks yesterday, lots of good ideas for quick n' tasty meals.

OK so leaving her appearance out of it...what do you think of the SHOW?
gr_stretch.gif

Funny you mention that Pablo...we just made those Sunday night. No Jimmy Dean for us...we used ground turkey instead. Tasted great.

Though I think I should be offended by her use of "oriental" versus the politically correct "asian"
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
skinny cook = questionable food

How about Gianna di Laurentiis? Watching her show, I couldn't care less about the food.
wink.gif

TV gets old, fast.

Have been reading John T. Edges' books -- a series on American foods -- and this evening started, CORNBREAD NATION 2, (the Southern Food Alliance).

The wife and son enjoy Alton Brown.

On one episode she said the proper way to prepare ribs is to boil them. She should have her grill repossessed for such slanderous nonsense.

She meant that as an alternative to smoking them. I smoke em anywhere from 5-8 hours depending on what type they are, spares or babybacks. Coat em with Worcestire sauce and a good rub then smoke over apple,cherry,oak or hickory.

I used to do that. I now bake them. I make a tomato sauce, put the ribs in a covered baking dish and cover with sauce, put in the fridge and marinate over night, then bake for 2 hours at 300F, remove and place on a rack and broil for a few minutes, turn and another few minutes. Base as needed. Will melt in your mouth. Espcially good with beef short ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back