Semi-Deep (Mid-Length) Sockets

I’ve found that a variety of extensions lengths gets me close enough with regular and deep for every drive size. 1.5”, 3”, 6”, 10”.

In a real pinch, swapping drive size usually works, as the deeps are different depths between, say, 1/4” 3/8” and 1/2”.

If you really need to fine tune - go with the next drive size up/down and use an adapter with the same ratchet, those adapters usually add about 1/2” to the depth.

I dont know how I lived without semi-deep sockets. I rarely use shallow anymore preferring a semi-deep. Mine are all Snapon though, cant commend on gearwrench. I have 1/4, 3/8, and half inch drives

I’ve got SK ones that are really nice I love them they come in handy a lot where a chrome is too shallow but a deep is too deep. Use them at least a few times a week minimum.

The most important for me is to have as many combinations as possible for length. Nothing is more frustrating than having 1 combination of socket and extension too long for the space available, and the next too short...

Back