Selling Old Tires

I have some older tires that are still pretty good that I think I'd like to try selling.

Two are from 2017 and have 9/32s. These I think are okay to sell.

Four from 2018 with 6-8/32s; also probably okay.

Then the ones I'm mixed on: four from 2016 with 6-9/32s. Should I sell these, or are they too old?

People care about how much tread a tire has, not how old it is as long as it doesn't have structural cracking. I have no problem buy or selling 10 or 15 year old tires in good condition. If people know or care about age, I'll check and let them know if they ask. I don't know any state inspection that checks for tire dates.

The only time I was ever lied to via craigslist was by a guy selling ridiculously worn tires. He claimed they had "half the tread".
It was on my way to visit a friend in the hospital, so no huge loss. However, the quirky little smile he put on made me want to gnaw his face off like Hannibal Lechter....but I decided against it.

Members here told me that a lone lie by a Craigslister made for a great average.

• Haha
Reactions: JC1
Sell em off!

If it makes you feel better, meet the buyer in a parking lot and take cash so they don't know where you live.

Reactions: JC1
The only time I was ever lied to via craigslist was by a guy selling ridiculously worn tires. He claimed they had "half the tread".
It was on my way to visit a friend in the hospital, so no huge loss. However, the quirky little smile he put on made me want to gnaw his face off like Hannibal Lechter....but I decided against it.

Members here told me that a lone lie by a Craigslister made for a great average.
Good call. He probably wouldn't have tasted all that great.

Some folks consider worn out to mean the cords are showing.

Back