Selling my GTI to Carvana

I have to say, that was the easiest car sale I've ever made. The Carvana driver was an hour late and already had a truck on his flatbed. We completed the paperwork in 5 minutes. He had me move the car the street and after taking a couple of pictures, a lockbox was installed on the car and he left. That evening a local towing company came and picked up the car. I would definitely recommend selling your car to them, especially if you hate the process of selling a car.

I've been looking at a lot of cars online, but still have zeroed in on a particular model. I do really like the BMW E30 and E46. I'm also a sucker for wagons and late 90's Honda Civics. I have a budget of about $8000 to work with, possibly more if I find a BMW that I really like that is a bit higher.

I'm not sure I'd buy from Carvana, but selling to them was pretty straightforward.
Returning a car to Carvana is straight forward too. Actually I prefer them, if you dont like the vehicle call them up within 7 days and have them come and get it, nothing to lose.

We bought a 2018 or 17 in spring of 2020, awesome Jeep Grand Cherokee. However a rather significant mark was on the rear bumper, the plastic of the bumper wasnt damaged but the paint was missing on the lower corner. Being it was a dark blue jeep with black bumper it wasnt really noticeable. But wasnt in the photos and to my surprise bothered my wife much more than me.

Ok, lets move on from there.
Jeep has production issues not related to Carvana, known issue where aluminum hood meets the steel hood frame. If at time of production if it wasnt properly sealed the leading edge will start to corrode and the paint bubble.
Jeep will at repair it but they choose the body shop and the body shop determines repair or replace the hood. You have no say. Confirmed by a service manger in my community.
It then has a limited warranty once repair is made. .

This wasnt acceptable, I called Carvana a few days later and told them to come get the car. After a couple weeks at most, all money was returned to me and loan was never processed or it was cancelled. It really was a simple process and I didnt have to deal with anyone except my computer and a phone.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GON
Returning a car to Carvana is straight forward too. Actually I prefer them, if you dont like the vehicle call them up within 7 days and have them come and get it, nothing to lose.

We bought a 2018 or 17 in spring of 2020, awesome Jeep Grand Cherokee. However a rather significant mark was on the rear bumper, the plastic of the bumper wasnt damaged but the paint was missing on the lower corner. Being it was a dark blue jeep with black bumper it wasnt really noticeable. But wasnt in the photos and to my surprise bothered my wife much more than me.

Ok, lets move on from there.
Jeep has production issues not related to Carvana, known issue where aluminum hood meets the steel hood frame. If at time of production if it wasnt properly sealed the leading edge will start to corrode and the paint bubble.
It then has a limited warranty.

This wasnt acceptable, I called Carvana a few days later and told them to come get the car. After a couple weeks at most, all money was returned to me and loan was never processed or it was cancelled. It really was a simple process and I didnt have to deal with anyone except my computer and a phone.
Wow, that sounds so simple. Often when one buys a used vehicle from a (new) car dealership with a xx day return policy, one has to purchase a replacement vehicle from the dealership as part of the return. Which may greatly limited vehicle selection, and also price negotiations.

I don't plan on buying a vehicle from Carvana or any other dealership in the near future, but if I needed to purchase a vehicle today, Carvana is definitely a business I would consider, soley based on the information posted on BITOG.

Wow, that sounds so simple. Often when one buys a used vehicle from a (new) car dealership with a xx day return policy, one has to purchase a replacement vehicle from the dealership as part of the return. Which may greatly limited vehicle selection, and also price negotiations.

I don't plan on buying a vehicle from Carvana or any other dealership in the near future, but if I needed to purchase a vehicle today, Carvana is definitely a business I would consider, soley based on the information posted on BITOG.
Yeah it was really cool, COMPLETELY hassle free and trust me on this, I trust no one until proven otherwise. IT really was simple.

Back