Selling fresh Australian air in a can to China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
In what may be the most ingenious money-making idea since bottled water, two entrepreneurs have set up a business selling fresh Australian air to China.

John Dickinson and Theo Ruygrok are the co-founders of Green and Clean Air, a business based in Australia that puts air in cans and sells it to people struggling with pollution in Asia.

The air is collected from iconic Australian sites, including the Blue Mountains, Bondi Beach, Tasmania and the Gold Coast, and sold for just less than A$20 a pop. You can also get a can of pure New Zealand air.

The duo suck the air into disposable cans using what they call "air-farming" technology, with each can holding 130 deep breaths. You simply use the attached plastic face mask to breathe in the fresh air.

http://mashable.com/2016/05/01/australia-air-can-china/#tQxcvbH1N5q0

Bahahaha maybe I can cash in on this living on the Gold Coast!
All I know is that the store I work at right at the centre of the touristy part of the Gold Coast, sells hundreds of tins of baby formula a day to Chinese tourists. They have little trust in their own brands back home, and a $20 tin of Australian formula can fetch well over $100 in China! We had to put a restriction of 4 tins per customer, now we get groups coming in 1 by 1 buying 4 tins each! They also love lanolin products such as soaps and moisturizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back