Selling for more than when it was new?

Yeah but exotic cars are a little different than a meh optioned truck.
With the new body style, the reg cab short bed is gone in the US. It's offered elsewhere, but not here.

While some of these sat for a while before being sold, once GM ended the configuration in the US I'm sure the remaining ones were snatched up and some (especially 4x4s) may have had high sale prices that were picked up by whatever pricing algorithm Carvana uses.

With the new body style, the reg cab short bed is gone in the US. It's offered elsewhere, but not here.

While some of these sat for a while before being sold, once GM ended the configuration in the US I'm sure the remaining ones were snatched up and some (especially 4x4s) may have had high sale prices that were picked up by whatever pricing algorithm Carvana uses.
One of my friends just bought a Colorado ZR2 Bison, and holy schnikes that thing was expensive.

I think this one actually has a selling price higher than what it sold for when it was new. This is a regular cab shortbox with very few options, that is priced as if it is a loaded crew cab.

Yup, for some reason used GM pickup trucks are sitting in front of dealers with asking prices at or close to what the new trucks out back are being sold for. Noticed that when I bought my 2018. With rebates the final price was $33,000. Brand spanking new. Meanwhile a 2016 with 50,000 miles was sitting out front for $30,000 grand. And there were a bunch of them similarly priced.

It’s strange. Meanwhile out back there’s 100 brand new trucks for a few grand more! and a truck with 50,000 miles is out of the bumper to bumper warranty, and heading towards the end of the power train warranty - never mind that the thing probably pulled a boat or trailer all summer.

Caravana, Carmax, Autolenders and all these sorts of places are pretty big ripoffs. They take advantage of peoples inability to negotiate.

I don't understand the truck price insanity. @Phishin bought 3 years ago a brand new 2018 Silverado 3500 for $37,400.

You can see my posts in this thread where brand new 2500's were able to be found in the low 30's.

I don't understand the truck price insanity. @Phishin bought 3 years ago a brand new 2018 Silverado 3500 for $37,400.

You can see my posts in this thread where brand new 2500's were able to be found in the low 30's.

In Canada I am noticing this with used mazda mx-5's and porsche boxsters.
Its crazy what some people want for cars that are over 20 years old.

I plan to swing down south to pick one up next year. Prices are acceptable in the good ol US of A.
Even with the cost of border taxes they are cheaper.

Come to Canada. Our dealer lots are overflowing with trucks.
Some wild deals.

True! ^^^^^^^^^

Full lots, deep discounts.

I know 6 people who have bought a new vehicle in the last week. Deep discounts, great selection. I drove a new Mercedes Benz home this week for one of my bosses, the lot there was overflowing.
Been car shopping like crazy for the past 6 weeks with my boss, regardless of the brand, they all have full lots, and are wanting to deal to make the sale. I've driven at least 40 new cars since January 2021. The Ford/Lincoln dealer we went to had 470 new vehicles in stock, plus used.

looking today my 18 frontier SV extended cab is selling for about 15 thou + i thought i paid TOO much at 18 thou a few years ago!! only have 42 thou on it now + 28 thou at purchase, retired!!!!

Pretty sure someone entered vin and selected the wrong trim level/cab. Searching by VIN is tricky because it only shows the base truck and not options. Seeing how big Carvana is I’m not surprised if someone had fat fingers or didn’t care to double check their work.

Back