Selling a Rolex replica

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a replica Rolex that a friend brought back from China. It's stainless steel and really a nice-looking, good-quality replica. But I don't need it, so I was thinking about selling it. I know it violates eBay policy, but what about Craigslist? Is it a violation of general state/local law to sell such a thing if it is clearly identified as a fake? I don't want to get it trouble. I just want to turn it into cash to buy a watch that I can wear every day.

I think techically counterfeits are illegal to sale. They've been cracking down on it around here. They had a big bust at a flea market. The city swat team went in and arrested sellers and confiscated all the counterfeit merchandise. Just last weekend, I was at the big annual pumpkin show that's in a small town and the local police closed down some venders and arrested them and confiscated all the counterfeit merchandise.

I'm not sure how I feel about these crackdowns. On the one hand I dislike counterfeits, but on the other the crackdowns are probably more a money-making scheme and to protect company brands. Some of these counterfeits are probably made in the same place (china) and the same quality as the genuine ones.

It's probably being crackdown on nationwide, but I doubt law enforcement will come after you for selling one item. They are probably looking for bigger sellers.

http://maine.craigslist.org/about/prohibited.items

CL doesn't want it either. There might be some code word you can use. Bolex?
wink.gif

You also run a higher-than-average, IMO, risk of buyer's remorse, IE someone calling you later claiming you ripped them off. There are even full time jerks out there doing this.

How much are you asking for it? I have some watches i lost, i need a replacement. Im interested.

Please PM me if is still for sale, id like to make inquiry as to how much you are looking to get out of it.

I can get a "really nice" new one from one of the street vendors on 5th ave in NYC for about $50-70. Lousy ones that still feel fairly nice for $20.

Used replica? LOL! be careful.

All my friends bought counterfeit watches, bags and such when we were in Beijing. None of them was paid attention to when we crossed the border into the US.

A "Rolex" was $15-$20.
lol.gif

For those that expressed interest, it's a replica of a Deepsea Sea-Dweller. Stainless steel with black face. See the real one here. I'll get some pictures of the actual one up/out later tonight or tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: barlowc
For those that expressed interest, it's a replica of a Deepsea Sea-Dweller. Stainless steel with black face. See the real one here. I'll get some pictures of the actual one up/out later tonight or tomorrow.

Interested. That looks sharp.

How much are you looking to get out of it? P.S.: Start calling it a "replica," not a "counterfeit" ok.
smile.gif

Here are a few pictures:

DSCF2191.jpg

DSCF2192.jpg

DSCF2194.jpg

The watch is solid and fairly hefty, weighing 5.05 ounces or 142 grams. In comparison, I have a stainless steel banded Bulova that is very nice and weighs 3.60 ounces or 102 grams.

Like I said in my original post, a friend brought it back from China and gave it to me. I had it sized at a local watch shop and still have the links that were removed. I don't believe it has a battery; you pull the crown out and wind it a bit. I wore it less than five times: a wedding, a funeral, and probably to the bar to mess with my buddies.
lol.gif

If you're interested, PM me.

You won't get much out of a knock off. Since the name and limited volume is what makes the real thing cost what it is (not the quality), a fake one is only going to land you something that isn't worth your trouble. Either give it as a gift in white elephant or just wear it.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Nothing wrong with selling it on CL as a poser Rolex.

Nothing, other than it violates their terms.

Originally Posted By: Craigslist Prohibited Items
Counterfeit, replica, or knock-off brand name goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back