Sellier & Bellot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reliable, generally hot for caliber, tough as nails brass with undersized primer pockets.

Nothing wrong with the ammo at all. For many calibers, as I mentioned, you will find that it's like most European ammo in that it's on the upper end of power for a given caliber vs. American ammo(broad generalization). I've shot it in 25 auto, 32 S&W long, 9mm 38 special, 357 Mag, and 44 Mag. They do make a great(and not hotly loaded) 38 Wadcutter.

I don't like the brass for reloading as I find it has a fairly rough "feel" on the press and-as I mentioned-I find the primer pockets tend to be tight. I keep meaning to buy a carton of S&B primers. With that said, I've never lost a case. If you don't reload, that's not of much concern to you.

You have to check caliber by caliber, but a lot of black box Herters(Cabelas house brand) is made by S&B.

Last edited:
Its good stuff in my experience. Those Czechs generally make good stuff. They have been making ammo since the 1820's and cartridge ammo since the 1870's. You don't last that long making bad stuff.

I have shot tons of S&B since 2010. Never a problem. The .45ACP is nice and warm.

The new 10mm is great. Not under loaded as is most - and it's nearly the lowest price 10mm plinking ammo.

I doubt anyone will have much bad to say about S&B ammo.

I've used S&B, good European stuff. Always went bang, reasonable price and loaded on the warm side.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I have shot tons of S&B since 2010. Never a problem. The .45ACP is nice and warm.

The new 10mm is great. Not under loaded as is most - and it's nearly the lowest price 10mm plinking ammo.

I doubt anyone will have much bad to say about S&B ammo.

+1!

Particularly the 10mm. Good stuff. Bought 2,000 rounds of 10mm and been very pleased.

It's like the Fram of ammo....wait..Ok what did I say?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: fields
Works for me, and I use teir primers too.

I recently picked up a couple boxes of their primers after having shot numerous cases of their factory loaded ammo.

As other have stated, S&B is good stuff. Buy and enjoy.

Originally Posted By: Doog
21.gif

I think that would be Winchester White Box.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: Doog
21.gif

I think that would be Winchester White Box.
+1 WWB is dirty and inconsistent.

Originally Posted By: bunnspecial
I keep meaning to buy a carton of S&B primers.
I had been stacking them up ($25 a 1000 vs $35 for CCI and the like) and loaded some and shot them today. All of them went bang (you can see one of my groups in another post). The only things I see about them that is different are the edges are not radiused like American primers (more square) and they are slightly (ever so much) larger than American primers. Other than that, they work very well.

Shot tons of their .338LM stuff, cheapest box .338LM on the market and it shoots extremely well. I've reloaded a ton of their brass too with no issues that weren't my own fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back