Seeking ideas on what happened to the interior wheel wells of this trailer

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Looking at a salvage trailer- I am primarily interested in this trailer because it has an aluminum frame.

The trailer has side damage. What I can't figure out is why the wheel wells look the way they do. I could understand the side damaged wheel well, but not the other side....

Any thoughts/ ideas?

Any
8e8661cb63b3498bbad555e6af482628_ful.jpg
thoughts/ ideas?

Unsecured freight? I would think a loose 400 pound drum of grease rolling around could do this.

It looks like they had a few tires blow out. A suden blow out would cause all kinds of wheel well damage and loss of control. If they had a heavy load unsecured I am sure it was being tossed around in there. I know in an RV a blow out can rip into the trailer and tear out plumbing and wiring.

looks like the top rails in the roof are bent twisted ? wonder if frame is as well ?
Thanks, your comment encouraged me to take a closer look.

I now see sunlight through the rear door onto the interior floor.

It looks like they had a few tires blow out. A suden blow out would cause all kinds of wheel well damage and loss of control. If they had a heavy load unsecured I am sure it was being tossed around in there. I know in an RV a blow out can rip into the trailer and tear out plumbing and wiring.
Tires look ok, I suppose they could have been replaced. Exterior damage looks minimal, other than the blown out side.

I am started to lean towards freight became unsecured in the trailer. Maybe even a vehicle.

Why are there tire tracks on the back wall? You know these trailers are treated like crap at the vehicle auction and lifted by those forked front end loaders, it's not pretty.

It looks like tire treads on the floor.

Guessing a vehicle may of broke loose, and even slammed into the rear door.... but only a wild guess.

43cb9d46263c4ebdbfa23f59a136bdb3_ful.jpg

Why are there tire tracks on the back wall? You know these trailers are treated like crap at the vehicle auction and lifted by those forked front end loaders, it's not pretty.
Good catch, I just saw that also.

looks like complete junk
Yes the wall is wrecked, from a blunt impact to the inside so most of the damage is hidden behind the interior panel. The roof is buckled and the back door does not close. Yet the most pressing issue for the OP seems to be the wheel wells.

Stuff at salvage auctions is there because it is totaled.

Look at how the tire tracks enter from the ramp and to between the wheel wells. Then look at how the wheel wells are crushed downwards. It’s almost like they tried multiple times to drive something in that was too wide, or force something damaged in and out of there. Maybe they wrecked in a race and in desparation forced something back in there poorly. And notice, those tracks look like dually tracks?? Did someone attempt to stick a dually in there backwards?

Looks like he got some “mad air brah!” and landed on that wheel first

Look at how the tire tracks enter from the ramp and to between the wheel wells. Then look at how the wheel wells are crushed downwards. It’s almost like they tried multiple times to drive something in that was too wide, or force something damaged in and out of there. Maybe they wrecked in a race and in desparation forced something back in there poorly. And notice, those tracks look like dually tracks?? Did someone attempt to stick a dually in there backwards?
Good questions, I have no idea. I have never seen interior wheel wells like that. Trailers often take a lot of abuse- but how the heck did those wheel wells get so damaged. I would have thought a dually would be too wide to make it past the opening....

Not sure if this pic is any better- I tried to enlarge the pic without losing quality.

wheel wells.jpg

Back