See where google tracks you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol that was really cool actually. Since I went to baltimore over the weekend, it showed my trip out to kent, back to cleveland, and then to baltimore. And then over the weekend showed my various locations around the baltimore convention center. That was really cool to see.

Google says I haven't been anywhere.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: R80RS
wink.gif

Me too- and that's the way I like it.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Originally Posted By: R80RS
wink.gif

Me too- and that's the way I like it.

+1

very interesting. I can see that my GPS is off, and that my mobile used triangulation from signals to find me. accuracy anything from 50m to 5km. I wonder if GPS was on whether it would be more accurate.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
They don't have any of my location information either. At least no information they're admitting to.

That's a good point. As much as I'd like to think that I've got my settings locked down, I'm sure that they've still got plenty of info on me.

Thank goodness I'm not tracked by Google. That raises some serious privacy concerns-it is none of Google's business where I go and what I do.

I'm not sure why anyone would stand for that level of personal information being collected and stored by any company. It's a sad commentary on the understanding of personal privacy when people actually think it's a good idea.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Thank goodness I'm not tracked by Google. That raises some serious privacy concerns-it is none of Google's business where I go and what I do.

I'm not sure why anyone would stand for that level of personal information being collected and stored by any company. It's a sad commentary on the understanding of personal privacy when people actually think it's a good idea.

X2 Another reason I trashed the google infected phone.

Wow, you must really hate your cellular provider, credit card companies (assuming you have CC's of course), and many others.

Personal privacy?? What's that?

Lol they call it a trick when its been known for ages. I leave it on for fun to see where I travel on some days when I do more driving.

Because it doesn't really matter? What are they going to do with it? It's mainly to make better suggestions, improve search results, that type of thing. It's not like Google employees are sitting there reading your personal info and giggling to themselves. They collect data on millions of people, they don't really care about you.

I personally have nothing to hide, and the convenience of having all my browser, email, etc synced across all my devices outweighs what I frankly consider be a minor at worst risk to my privacy. I mean Google probably knows more about me than I myself do.
And I'm ok with that because really, it's of minor consequence. Doesn't affect my daily life. If anything, it improves it.

Originally Posted By: Nick R

Because it doesn't really matter? What are they going to do with it? It's mainly to make better suggestions, improve search results, that type of thing. It's not like Google employees are sitting there reading your personal info and giggling to themselves. They collect data on millions of people, they don't really care about you.

I personally have nothing to hide, and the convenience of having all my browser, email, etc synced across all my devices outweighs what I frankly consider be a minor at worst risk to my privacy. I mean Google probably knows more about me than I myself do.
And I'm ok with that because really, it's of minor consequence. Doesn't affect my daily life. If anything, it improves it.

Well said! In addition to that, your Privacy with Google is from within their privacy policy. They will not sell or distribute any of your personal information to which they hold.

There was a similar thread a while back that sort of covered the same topic of privacy on the web and how you can shut down any sort of tracking and privacy, blah blah blah. Fact of the matter is, you cannot. Regardless of what settings you have disabled, you are still being tracked or your search interests logged, etc.. It is extremely hard to hide completely these days, BUT no company or government will ever tell you that.

You learn to live with it and accept it as most individuals already have. Once you hold a piece of web enabled technology in your hands, you are basically signing a privacy waiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back