See where google tracks you

Status
Not open for further replies.
tin-can-telephone.jpg

FTW

I'm sure pop and some other posters would best be served by this technology.
Remember you're complaining about privacy while using a public, online forum. Your ISP knows where you go and what you say, along with plenty of others too (google, NSA...?).
99.999% of the time, they're not interested. Stay away from kiddie p_rn and terrorist talk and you'll be fine.

Originally Posted By: R80RS
Google says I haven't been anywhere.
wink.gif

Interestingly, though I started this thread, I dont have any tracking info either.

Perhaps it is because I dont have a google phone? I do have gmail and the address shows up in google browsers so it should know what Im searching for and where I did it from, by IP address if nothing else.

Im not a fan of a company using my info for their profit; but they are providing me a "free" service, so that is somewhat of an exchange in my view. As was mentioned elsewhere in the thred, ISPs already know what is passing through them, and anyone can find anybody's location via IP tracker, if their IP isnt cloaked.

I use Google products almost exclusively, but I don't have a Google phone. I guess that's why I don't show up with any location information.

Still, the cynic in me believes that if they appear to be up-front about how they are tracking you, there are probably other ways of tracking that they aren't disclosing. It's as if this website is done to pacify those into thinking, "ah, they aren't tracking me!" That's why I note that they aren't tracking me...at least as far as they'll admit.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
wink.gif

Interestingly, though I started this thread, I dont have any tracking info either.

Did you try going back a month or two?

Mine shows nothing for the last 30 days, but shows plenty further back. Possibly that history takes a while to update?

Mine showed a trip to UCLA yesterday.

Wiped clean and turned off tracking reporting and history now.
I doubt I'll need it for an alibi, so if it won't help, it could potentially hurt
wink.gif

I have GPS off 95% of the time, and you can tell it just tracks by towers and wifi networks. Lots of dots connected far by straight lines. GPS nav trips were far more accurate.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
wink.gif

Did you try going back a month or two?

Mine shows nothing for the last 30 days, but shows plenty further back. Possibly that history takes a while to update?

I tried that too!

Went to the big smoke this week. Forgot my phone on in my baggage. (Was [censored] sure I turned it off). Anyway, it picked up my movements at the major towns I passed at 18,000 feet! (was a propeller plane).

This was already posted but it needs repeating. Do you use a CC or Debit card? Do you use any time of rewards card for ANY store? Do pay for gas in cash or card? Do you drive in a town with street cameras? Do have a mailing address? Do you receive "junk mail"?

Each one of these is used to collect some form of information some more archaic at it then others. It has been going on since the first line of HTML was written for the internet. Since the first piece of junk mail was delivered.

Whether you want to be watched and suggested certain things you always will be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back