See My Rose Hedge that I grew from cuttings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew 38 bushes of Fair Bianca, which is a David Austin English Rose. The cuttings were taken in the fall of 2007, grown indoors over the winter, and planted in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Lighted Cross Garden in 2008. The bushes went over the winter in zone 4b with NO protection. See my bushes/hedge on this you tube video!!!
And...I used NEEM OIL! to protect them from aphids (just in case you were wondering what this has to do with oil!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Y3USHISVs

You should see my Dandelions!
cool.gif

Very cool. I absolutely love English roses, especially if they are sprawling all over a wall or fence. Great job on the cuttings/transplant! That's a lot of work.
cheers3.gif

thanks for the nice comments, it was actually a huge amount of work, but it kept me busy and out of trouble. also, someone on the garden web forum viewed the youtube, and informed me that ACTUALLY this rose is called Winchester Cathedral, which is a white colored mutation of the famous Mary Rose, that lots of people love to grow, and also the Mary Rose is exceptionally hardy, which explains why it does so well in this COLD climate!!! The pink bushes in the video are called "reversions", where the mutation remutates back to the original. so the hedge is a mix of Mary Rose and Winchester Cathedral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back