sedan recommendations

Accord Hybrid :)

The Camry is also still sold *without a turbo

EDIT: typo
I was going to say. I’ve been very happy with my 2015. If a nearly new car is part of the tradespace, a late model last gen accord is a good driver, pretty comfortable, good space, etc.

Search for the cleanest, low mileage Crown Vic or Grand Marquis that you can find. They are still out there. Probably come in under $10k.
Plus the Town Car. Most of those vehicles have been wet nursed by the dealer. In my neck of the woods all the 4.6 Panthers sell immediately.

This thread is still going? My Buddy has a 2014 BMW 5 series with a 4 cyl turbo. It doesn't meet your criterion, but he has found it extremely comfortable, fuel efficient and powerful. He bought it use with about 37K on it for 17K Had it for 3 years now no issues. I think any car is a roll of the dice, I have actually had the best luck with supposed troublesome cars. My Wife just bought a NEW 2021 Outback wagon for 26K out the door, I don't like the seats and ride comfort on a long drive and the general severe cheapening of interior bits. My used 2011 was a MUCH better car overall. The new car is too floaty. I enjoy some float, but more at the Grand Marquis style not Buick Roadmaster style. LeSabre 3800 and the Grand Marquis were two of the most refined sedans out there and a joy to drive.
Now I would only say a Charger with the Pentastar in the mid to low 20's range off lease.
I would wait if you can, not a good time to buy.

I am seeing new 2021 Dodge Chargers SXT on Autotrader for mid $20K. They come with a 292 HP 3.6 V6 and 8-speed auto trans. Not sure if FCA ever equipped them with DI. The interior is extremely dated, as is the entire design.

Alas, from a reliability perspective, I think OP is better off with a Toyota.
We traded a 2013 (V6) Charger in December … not a single issue with that car … just wanted a Ram 1500 …
Rear drive 4WIS for that price is amazing …
Great engine, 8 speed, and that rear differential has been a decent unit …

Great engine, 8 speed, and that rear differential has been a decent unit …
IIRC the rear diff is a ZF unit, though the 75W-85 gear oil in them is kind of crap. I would drain that stuff immediately and replace it with Amsoil SVG 75W-90 0r 75W-110. It's in there just to meet fuel efficiency standards.

Now I would only say a Charger with the Pentastar in the mid to low 20's range off lease.
The GT is the top of the line V6. It used to be that you could get one for ~$27K, just like a Scat Pack for ~$36K. That's no longer the case, because:
I would wait if you can, not a good time to buy.
BINGO!

IIRC the rear diff is a ZF unit, though the 75W-85 gear oil in them is kind of crap. I would drain that stuff immediately and replace it with Amsoil SVG 75W-90 0r 75W-110. It's in there just to meet fuel efficiency standards.

The GT is the top of the line V6. It used to be that you could get one for ~$27K, just like a Scat Pack for ~$36K. That's no longer the case, because:

BINGO!
We put Valvoline 75W140 in that car …

I’ll second that. It’s a RWD Camry with a well-upgraded interior but not over the top. I’ve the 3.5 V6 and it’s more engine than I need - they make a turbo 4 which had I known about, I would have chosen first - lighter nose, better mpg. The 350 handles well, it also handles heavy, but it’s a nice bank vault of a car with a bunch of power. Very quiet on the interstate for it’s size, and fun to get around town in. The v6 does NOT get good gas mileage in town. I’ve got to work at it to get 22 in town. 27-28 hwy at 70. But 20-22 in town with a 17 gallon fuel tank is a bit confining.
The turbo 4, the 200t, in not a match for this car. I drove one before choosing our GS350 F Sport, and it was a big no.

The turbo 4, the 200t, in not a match for this car. I drove one before choosing our GS350 F Sport, and it was a big no.
+1
I'm not sure that the turbocharged 4cyl would get substantially better real-world gas mileage either. This is the number one thing that I hear turbo owners complaining about.

Back