Second impressions of my van with 5w20 Pennzoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up in Va visiting my aunt but will be heading back to SC tomorrow. Saturday was an almost non-stop 70-75 mph run of about 370 miles. The 3.4 in my Olds van ran as smoothly and quietly as it ever has. I didn't see any noticeable improvement in MPG versus when I use to use Mobil 1, however. Power is noticeably up, but I posted about that before in an Auto-Rx post. I think we can attribute that to the Auto-Rx cleaning the ring pack and improving compression.

After letting the van sit overnight I checked the oil and it was still on the full mark. So this relatively "hi-speed" interstate run didn't cause any abnormal oil consumption with the 5w20. (My engine is tight and has never consumed any measurable amount of oil between changes, so I really didn't think it would use the 5w20 any more than it would 5w30.)

I'll be heading back tomorrow, and temps are supposed to be a lot warmer, so we'll see how she does on the return trip.

Sounds good
smile.gif

I can't remember..Did that engine have the dreaded Intake manifold leak yet
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
I can't remember..Did that engine have the dreaded Intake manifold leak yet
dunno.gif

Yes, about 25,000 miles ago. Some residue was left behind because of the leak, and that's the main reason I'm doing the Auto-Rx tretment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back