Seattle Arco's now accept credit cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, most gas sale here is credit cards.

I couldn't imagine a fee on getting gas...a fee would also mean most people would be reluctant to purchase gas there.

I personally have using credit cards only for the past 3 years, cash back is too good to pass up.

Last edited:
BP used to play the lower price for cash game here. IIRC Arco and BP are related. The problem was their cash price, was the same as everyone else's any payment price. Now they are same as everyone else for the last 7 or 8 years. Once vacationed in CA, and the ARCO we went to was cash or debit card only, and they had a 3¢ surcharge on the debit card price.

I wonder if Costco is eroding ARCO as the lowest cost top tier provider and that's why ARCO have changed their policy starting in Costco's hometown.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
I wonder if Costco is eroding ARCO as the lowest cost top tier provider and that's why ARCO have changed their policy starting in Costco's hometown.

That has something to do with it.

Bottom line is that ARCO will make larger profits by pumping a larger volume of fuel than they did charging people .35 to use a card. After all, why would you pay extra to buy ARCO gas when you could drive 1/2 mile up the road and get the same product with your card and not pay the fee?

Back in the 80s and early 90s, Exxon had a "discount for cash" which amounted to a fee for using a card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back