2006 Stingray
4.3l Volvo Penta motor
Out: Mystic 10w40 marine oil.
Mystic lower gear lube
Off: K&N PS1011 oil filter

In: 4qts Mystic 10w40 marine oil
Mystic lower gear lube
On: Pure One PL15313
Replaced the spark plugs with Champion Platinums.
Fogged engine
Ran RV Antifreeze through it as well.

2006 Stingray
4.3l Volvo Penta motor
Out: Mystic 10w40 marine oil.
Mystic lower gear lube
Off: K&N PS1011 oil filter

In: 4qts Mystic 10w40 marine oil
Mystic lower gear lube
On: Pure One PL15313
Replaced the spark plugs with Champion Platinums.
Fogged engine
Ran RV Antifreeze through it as well.

Fogging oil can leave a carbon streak on a spark plug. Best to start up the engine in spring with old plugss Then change plugs.

115 HP Yamaha Two cycle V-4 Outboard. Drained a bit of water and some lube from the transom. Cleaned the magnetic plug. Took out the plugs and sprayed fogger into the combustion chambers and manually turned over. Replaced the plugs. All I want is some oil in there to create a bit of oil vapour in the cylinder. The gas tank already had red stabilizer and some entered the carb during the last run. Removed the battery.

Last edited:
115 HP Yamaha Two cycle V-4 Outboard. Drained a bit of water and some lube from the transom. Cleaned the magnetic plug. Took out the plugs and sprayed fogger into the combustion chambers and manually turned over. Replaced the plugs. All I want is some oil in there to create a bit of oil vapour in the cylinder. The gas tank already had red stabilizer and some entered the carb during the last run. Removed the battery.

Hopefully you did not discharge the oil from the transom into the water. That's illegal.

'84 Century Resorter, fluid, filter change and winterization.

Out;
Quicksiilver semi-synth 25w-40 & Mercury Filter
Who knows what ATF from Velvet Drive

In;
Valvoline VR1 20w-50 & Mercury Filter
Castrol Transmax Dex/Merc ATF

I noticed that the Merc/Quicksilver oils now say "catalyst compatible" and I was worried about cam protection in this ~500 hr "flat tappet" motor. I figured VR1 is a safe choice, but given that this engine looks pretty clean inside from what I can see through the oil fill, I may switch to a synthetic next year, probably M1 20w-50 MC oil, one of my go-to oils for my older toys.

'84 Century Resorter, fluid, filter change and winterization.

Out;
Quicksiilver semi-synth 25w-40 & Mercury Filter
Who knows what ATF from Velvet Drive

In;
Valvoline VR1 20w-50 & Mercury Filter
Castrol Transmax Dex/Merc ATF

I noticed that the Merc/Quicksilver oils now say "catalyst compatible" and I was worried about cam protection in this ~500 hr "flat tappet" motor. I figured VR1 is a safe choice, but given that this engine looks pretty clean inside from what I can see through the oil fill, I may switch to a synthetic next year, probably M1 20w-50 MC oil, one of my go-to oils for my older toys.
Nice boat.

Back