Sears Spectrum oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago my dad used to use Sears and Roebuck Spectrum oil in our cars, bought it by the case, and a case back then was 24 metal cans.

They still sell it in their automotive department. What I want to know is does anybody know who makes it? Got a Sears gift card I need to use and was considering a case of this stuff.

Current Spectrum at my Sears is Warren Performance Products blended oil. Same people that make Supertech for most regions Wal-Marts. Should have the "WPP" molded on the plastic bottom. I would make sure it is current API SF stuff as alot of sears inventory gets lost and then pops out on the shelf when found.

Hootbro

quote:

Originally posted by Hootbro:
I would make sure it is current API SF stuff as alot of sears inventory gets lost and then pops out on the shelf when found.

SF current? Don't look now, but when you went to bed last night, it was still 1995...

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:

quote:

I would make sure it is current API SF stuff as alot of sears inventory gets lost and then pops out on the shelf when found.

SF current? Don't look now, but when you went to bed last night, it was still 1995...

Got me there.
grin.gif
SM stuff then.
pat.gif

Sorry - it was just too tempting to pass up. I figured it was just a case of having the same kind of keyboard I do - one of those that can't spell...

Hootbro
Member # 2331

posted 15 August, 2006 08:12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ray H:

quote:

Got me there. SM stuff then.
Posts: 239 | From: TX | Registered: Aug 2003 | IP: Logged |

I thought that he was talking about sears's stock. Serious I find SF/SG stock all the time. You know pennzoil with "new" purebase and quaker state with a little more than 3,000 mile protection if you can't change your oil at 3,000 miles.

As a matter of fact you BITOG'ers with your aftermarket cams that are scared of sm oil but you have to live in socal. If you want some SF/SG/SH grade oil. Go to the sears in Chula Vista California. The one at the Mall.

Thanks for the replies. Checked and the store here in town has the Spectrum 10/30 in SL which is fine for my '90 Dodge DyNasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back