Sears oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know anything about Sears brand oil"Spectrum" Its made by Warren Performance Products in Omaha,Nebraska?They had it on sale for 54 cents(us money)a qt.I coundnt resist it and put it in my two Caravans that have 200k miles on them.The motors havent blown up yet lol!

[ December 03, 2002, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: bruce ]

Suppose you could find some SA oil if you wanted something of the lowest grade. This must be one step up.
frown.gif

Can SA rated oil still be found? Why would any manufacturer still make, let alone any retailer carry such an outdated product with no 'market' for it? Doesn't make sense to me.

SA can still be found...usually in grocery or convenience stores. Usually the 50 cent oil that some people buy becasue the engine its going in is burning more oil than gas so they don't care what goes in it. Usually just says 'non-detergent' on it.
crushedcar.gif

I bought some SA oil a few weeks ago. I used it to flush out a high pressure water pump before putting Redline MTL in it.

It has some useful purpose, but not much.

The label says api service SJ.Exceeds all waranty requirements and ILSAC-2.

If you're engines are that old they should be able to handle SJ with no trouble. If it's a Mitsu. V-6, the valve guides should be crapping out for about the second time. They way most of those engines fog out oil I'd pay as little as possible!

Actually a comparison with other 10W30 dinos shows pretty good figures. High flash, pretty good pour points, lots of viscousity. Of course this is the SL stuff and I don't know if it's the same as Spectrum.

I used to use Sears oil in the 70's and early '80's and had no trouble with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back