searching for 18650 Battery Holder/sled with cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a project on my hands converting an older RC car to Li-Ion batteries. Previously it had used 6 cell Ni-cd batteries, but those packs are long dead and costly, perhaps impossible to replace.

What I want to do is use a four battery configuration, two pair of 18650 in a series/parallel arrangement to yield 7.2 volts. So I was hoping to find two battery holders to wire together. I can mount the holders to the RC car securely, but the hurdle seems to be finding holders that have a snap-on cover or something of the sort to keep the batteries from bouncing out as the car moves. I'm able to find lots of holders, but strangely not ONE with a cover
mad.gif

The ability to change out the batteries is a requirement (much like you do with an RC car that uses 1.5V batteries), I don't want them mounted permanently in packs. Can anyone help me find such thing? Simple holder with a cover that houses two batteries. Heck they can even be singles. Closest thing I found is this, I even debated buying two of these at $15 each and cutting off the barrel plug at the end. https://www.fatshark.com/product/fsv1814-18650-li-ion-cell-headset-battery-case/. Can anyone help or offer suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back