Searches for Multiple Words

Posting here with the words Kimber Revolver together to see if I can find that word string with a board search.

Posting here with the words Kimber Revolver together to see if I can find that word string with a board search.
Got this same exact result (both words in together are bold in the search result - see below) on my test post above whether I used just the words Kimber Revolver or "Kimber Revolver" with quotes around them in the board search tool.

Although, an earlier search today when this thread was younger didn't seem to work (meaning both words were together and bold) with either search string. 🤷‍♂️

1673749402276.png

The search doesn't seem to be constant.

When using the search string Kimber Revolver (with no quotes), you get these results.

This one only bolded either the word Kimber or Revolver in the word string Kimber Revolver.
1673750381664.jpg

The top one of the two shown below again only bolded the word Revolver, but the second one bolded both works together like in my test above.
1673750411359.jpg

Quotes do work.

I searched kimber revolver and "kimber revolver" you'll get two different result sets.

The search on BITOG is a very good and fast search engine. Before XenForo, I used google when searching BITOG. Now that we use Elasticsearch I never use google, as Elasticsearch is fantastic.

There are no instances of "kimber revolver" on BITOG, but there are a few threads with both words kimber and revolver.

It must be an isolated case because quotes don't work for me. It's ok. I'll survive.

If I put "Kimber pistol" in the seach field, it will not show the string of the words Kimber and pistol together in the search results.
Do you know that there is a post or posts that actually contain those two words together ?

Do you know that there is a post or posts that actually contain those two words together ?
A lot of them were in quotes. I wanted to do my own independent testing, and to see how different search strings came up with consistency.

Back