Seahawks Richard Sherman= CLASSLESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

Did you guys see this jerk interviewed after the game?
It's hard to believe he graduated from Stanford.
Up until then I didn't care who won the Super Bowl but now I'll be rooting for Denver.

What a tool. It's Denver all the way for me now. My team is out, I was on the fence, he made the choice real easy. LOL

Ya I wasn't impressed with his interview. I am fully opposed to interviewing sports people immediately after a game or race. It seems like every time a NASCAR driver gets fined it it due to an interview immediately after a race when they are still full of adrenaline.

The FIA does it right, no interviews until after a podium ceremony in a controlled area.

Funny thing is Sherman has a Communication degree from Stanford.So he's intelligent and and he still acted like a thug..

I really don't think it's that big of deal. I would assume I'd be rather excited if I just beat my rival to go to the Super Bowl.

Originally Posted By: whip
I really don't think it's that big of deal. I would assume I'd be rather excited if I just beat my rival to go to the Super Bowl.

It isn't a big deal...but it was ridiculous. Regardless, EVERYONE except Seahawk's fans, will be rooting for Peyton and Denver to smash Seattle because of THAT GUY.

I thought it was ridiculous. It makes every person and institution associated with him look bad.

No biggie, he was just shooting his mouth off like he was in the locker room with his team mates. Way too soon to talk with him. Some of the negative press/twitter brought his head down from out of the clouds quickly. At least it humbled him a bit. Other players would keep acting the same way even days after the event. I think I would have laughed at the guy if I was the one interviewing him. Erin Andrews is a little too serious at times.

Last edited:
Don't be so quick to judge. It has been reported that this guy does much in the community and gives back to young people. His past teammates at Stanford have said that he's intelligent and was liked by his teammates. Granted, he got caught up in the moment; kind of understandable as he just made a play that sealed the deal for his team.

Last edited:
I was a huge fan of Sherman until he talked all that smack about Crabtree. Childish and unnecessary. He a talented athlete though

I always thought coaches didn't want the press or other outsiders buggnig their players after about 45 minutes before the game. Coach wants his athletes "in the zone".

That said football is created and has been contorted to be a nationwide TV spectacle so everyone involved needs some sort of built-in limiter.

It worked, we're talking about it the next day.

Hopefully an olive branch will be extended and this will all blow over.

As a Seattle fan, I'm not going to justify his remarks.
I would probably say stupid, uneducated, nonsense after a football game against both a tough opponent and a rival. Adrenaline, blood rushing, and heart pounding we all do, say, and act rather stupid, it's human nature.
Testosterone is another PITA, but without these simple traits, as humans we would be robots.

I stayed up till the start of the game at 0400 and end at 0800 biting my nails.

All sports have become is a soap opera, and it has been meshed into celebrity life. I don't care if you live in a giant mansion on your own island with 39 bentleys and a puma as a pet. Doesn't mean I won't root for you on the field, ice, court, etc if you're part of my team.

I don't care if you endorse this car, this shampoo, this restaurant, I'll use what I like, regardless of who endorses it. I didn't buy my car because of Tom Brady, I bought it because I liked it, it was affordable. If the Jetta TDI I was looking at before at the vw dealer would of been the same price, or the dealer would of budged, I'd be rocking that.

People need to realize that others negativity doesn't matter, and their opinions doesn't mean they lack skill, their products aren't reliable, etc.

Sherman is a beast on the field, I support his talent on the field. I don't care what he says, does, off the field, as long as he suits up on game day I will root for him.
You need to be resilient with people, they can have the poorest attitude or opinion you don't agree with, but if they produce positive results then accepting them is something you have to come to. I have arguments with numerous military people, poor attitudes, different beliefs, etc. Yet I wouldn't choose anyone else to have my back in a firefight, because I know they are skilled at what they do.

I somewhat agree. He probably went a bit overboard, but he made a critical play and felt disrespected by the niners player who pushed him. He probably should have just shut up and let his play speak for itself!

Originally Posted By: Phishin

It isn't a big deal...but it was ridiculous. Regardless, EVERYONE except Seahawk's fans, will be rooting for Peyton and Denver to smash Seattle because of THAT GUY.

I thought it was ridiculous. It makes every person and institution associated with him look bad.

Pretty sure everyone's been rooting for Forrest Gump since their teams statistically couldn't go anywhere playoff wise

Oh and in the world of the new NFL, you can get fined for not talking to reporters as well, so darned if you do, darned if you don't.

Don't let one player make a team look bad, they are a team, they play as one, that's what makes teams strong, not just in football but in life. Different opinions meshed with different mentalities and skills makes for a lethal combination

If I were an NFL coach and if the players that I had on the roster who provided some spark to my team *didn't* yell like that immediately after a game I would be worried. This interview was immediately after the game. There is a reason why most broadcasts give the players a few minutes to cool down!

Sherman is an extraordinarily intelligent fellow and these antics are deliberate and calculated; adrenaline-fuelled outbursts notwithstanding. The new MMQB site (http://mmqb.si.com/ Here is a search for "Richard Sherman": http://mmqb.si.com/?s=richard+sherman) has several articles that he has written as well as a few about him. Very enlightening stuff that caused me to do a 180 with the antipathy I felt toward him, too. If anyone here has nothing better to do with their time and energy than form and entrench themselves into their opinions about people they've never met, I suggest strongly you check out some of that at MMQB.

Him and coach pete "the cheat" carroll will have a lot of people pulling for Denver to win.

Originally Posted By: morepwr

Him and coach pete "the cheat" carroll will have a lot of people pulling for Denver to win.

Saying Carroll is a cheat now because of his USC days?
What if your wife learned you cheated on a 4th grade spelling test and all of a sudden said that, due to that instance, she can't trust you and you're a cheater?
Life's too short to hate. You may not approve, but flat out hating, it's uncalled for.

As always, there's a lot of judgment on this site. If I was in my mid 20's and just made that play against that team, and player, I would have said something stupid too. I'm sure everyone that's calling him classless has never misspoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back