Seahawks Richard Sherman= CLASSLESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JOD
I think it's expecting too much to expect a guy to be a model of decorum after performing a sport with that intensity,

Indeed.

Spend 60 minutes trying to rip the opponents head off and 30 seconds after the game become a girl scout for the post game interview.

At first I was wondering what he was on when Erin started the interview and it sure looked like she soon wanted to be someplace else. However over the next couple of days when you listened and saw what the history was with Sherman and Crabtree I didn't feel bad at all. Crabtree started the thing at the get together in AZ, Sherman tried to shake his hand after the game and Crabtree wouldn't have any of it. As for the choking, it does seem like SF did which didn't hurt my feelings none. Considering it was right after making the play that sealed the deal I can see him being wound up. Later when he calmed down he was quite different. Also he does a lot of good off the field. I'm kind of glad that someone isn't being PC and shows the emotion.

Originally Posted By: 65cuda
At first I was wondering what he was on when Erin started the interview and it sure looked like she soon wanted to be someplace else. However over the next couple of days when you listened and saw what the history was with Sherman and Crabtree I didn't feel bad at all. Crabtree started the thing at the get together in AZ, Sherman tried to shake his hand after the game and Crabtree wouldn't have any of it. As for the choking, it does seem like SF did which didn't hurt my feelings none. Considering it was right after making the play that sealed the deal I can see him being wound up. Later when he calmed down he was quite different. Also he does a lot of good off the field. I'm kind of glad that someone isn't being PC and shows the emotion.

I agree!

Originally Posted By: 65cuda

The story about the charity event came from Sherman's brother. There's a credible source!

In just a couple of years in the league, Sherman has gotten into spats and taunts with a number of players, his ex coach, and a sports commentator. He has no credibility at this point. If anything he's probably the one to have instigated this whole ordeal.

He's a punk and he will get laid out someday by someone who doesn't appreciate his big mouth. All that education from Stanford hasn't taught him an ounce about maturity

He went to Stanford not for education, it was football scholarship.

Easy test: if he can fill Federal income tax with paper filling, no software, then he had a real education.

Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: grampi
Devon Bess assaults a police officer. Kellen Winslow Jr gets arrested for [censored] in a Target parking lot. And Sherman is Classless?

Do you know the difference between illegal and classless behavior?

Yes, and that's my point. Other athletes are breaking laws, and hurting people, but nothing is said. Sherman, in the heat of the moment, says something in poor taste, and he's looked down on like a piece of scum. I was trying to add some perspective, but I guess people would rather hold onto to their negative judgements.

I beg to differ...anytime a professional athlete is busted for anything it's plastered all over the news...and FWIW, I don't think Sherman is scum, I just think what he said was classless and unprofessional...

I beg to differ...anytime a professional athlete is busted for anything it's plastered all over the news...and FWIW, I don't think Sherman is scum, I just think what he said was classless and unprofessional...

Sure, it's all over the news, but I didn't see anyone casting their judgement on this site. Seems pretty hypocritical.

Originally Posted By: Hollow
I was trying to add some perspective, but I guess people would rather hold onto to their negative judgements.

Welcome to BITOG.

It amazes me how quick people are to judge people. I'm sure those people have never done something they might regret later.

Classy, classless, saints, sinners, you can't please the general public.

Case in point: Tim Tebow, classy fellow, met him at UF, yet everyone hates on him for being "too nice/religious/etc" fwiw, he took Denver to the playoffs... Yet everyone rags on the man.

Probably why lynch hasn't talked to the public much this season, and got fined for it, whatever you say anymore, someone gets all hurt over it.

The guy is just posturing, it's "Professional Sports Entertainment" now! Just watch how every sportscaster will be following him around now like puppies to get an interview.

Crazy like a fox...

Now that some time has gone by I can look at back on it and laugh. The guy is full of passion and was fired up. I immediately wanted to not like him based on the thread title. He isn't boring that's for sure. The youtube videos of him going around on Bourbon street asking fans who's the better player him or another guy were very funny. Almost all the fans didn't know who they were talking to and many of them said the other player was better than him. He thought it was comical and it sure charged him up. Another reason he probably played so well.

Sure beats a player like Dante Stalworth who hit and killed a guy in his Bentley after partying all night. The Browns signed him and he was immediately out with a groin injury for most of the season. No passion, just collected his paycheck.

I think his foolish behavior....and the aftermath...will cause him to THINK before he opens his mouth next time. At least one would hope so.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
I think his foolish behavior....and the aftermath...will cause him to THINK before he opens his mouth next time. At least one would hope so.

He thinks well before he speaks, and all of this charade is well-deliberated. Read some of the things by and about him at MMQB. He plans this stuff.

They showed the incident that precipitated his outburst from a different angle last night.

As they were walking off the field Sherman runs up past Crabtree and slaps him on the butt and extends his hand to Crabtree. Crabtree grabs his face mask and pushes him away. Who's the classless one here?

Ed

Originally Posted By: edhackett
They showed the incident that precipitated his outburst from a different angle last night.

As they were walking off the field Sherman runs up past Crabtree and slaps him on the butt and extends his hand to Crabtree. Crabtree grabs his face mask and pushes him away. Who's the classless one here?

Ed

You don't really believe that was a sincere gesture from Sherman do you?

THIS JUST IN....

BOTH THOSE PLAYERS WERE MIC'D BY NFL FILMS, BEFORE THE GAME!

This guy was putting on a "show" for his employers. LOL

Just what I said it was...theater, an act, phony.

Richard Sherman Explains What People Mean When They Call Him A "Thug"

Quote:
"The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like it's the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays. Because they know."

The day after the Seahawks' win, the word "thug" was uttered 625 times on American television, or more than on any single day in at least three years.

Sherman then referenced the Flames-Canucks line brawl on Saturday:

"There was a hockey game where they didn't even play hockey, they just threw the puck aside and started fighting. I saw that, and said, 'Oh man, I'm the thug? What's going on here?'"

At the risk of getting this post dumped/threadlocked, I've felt this way about a lot of BITOG posters...

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
THIS JUST IN....

BOTH THOSE PLAYERS WERE MIC'D BY NFL FILMS, BEFORE THE GAME!

This guy was putting on a "show" for his employers. LOL

Just what I said it was...theater, an act, phony.

Glad someone realized what it really was. This is all about TV ratings and the so-called "rivalry" needed some fuel to fire up interest.

Starting to sound like "Professional" Wrestling!

grampi said:

Sure, it's all over the news, but I didn't see anyone casting their judgement on this site. Seems pretty hypocritical.

Oh I see, so these issues only have merit if they're posted up in here?

I understand that everything in your world is black and white. Clearly, I don't base my opinion on what is discussed here. People in this thread have made statements like. "this guy is why I don't watch pro sports", or "this guy is a thug". Some are saying it's staged. If true, calling Sherman classless is like calling Samuel L. Jackson a murderer for his role in Pulp Fiction. In your world, there's no scale, just right and wrong. In my world, What Sherman did wasn't really bad compared to what other athletes have done in the last 2 weeks.

I understand that everything in your world is black and white. Clearly, I don't base my opinion on what is discussed here. People in this thread have made statements like. "this guy is why I don't watch pro sports", or "this guy is a thug". Some are saying it's staged. If true, calling Sherman classless is like calling Samuel L. Jackson a murderer for his role in Pulp Fiction. In your world, there's no scale, just right and wrong. In my world, What Sherman did wasn't really bad compared to what other athletes have done in the last 2 weeks.

If this Sherman individual actually DID stage this entire debacle.....he's not only shown he's got no class....he's premeditated his actions. That makes him a narcissus, a manipulator, and a selfish player.
Yes...I admit I don't watch much in the way of pro sports because of the behaviors of many of the players. I don't respect those types of people nor do I wish to support them (and the behavior) by going to the games. There was a time when most sports figures felt a responsibility to behave like true sportsmen. Honor and integrity USED to be part of team sports. At the very least....good behavior was the norm. Sherman...whether he is a 'scholar' or not makes ZERO difference to me. Being decent....behaving like a man in control of himself....that matters to me. especially when you are on national TV and represent a team supported by many dollars from fans in the area. He's shown poor character. And yes....sometimes there IS a need for 'black and white'. In your world everything must be a dull grey. No color....no absolutes....no passion for what is right. That's fine. But there are still some of us out here that expect a bit more from certain people in certain positions.
It all matters not anyway....we are talking about a silly game after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back