Seafood sauce

In Cajun country, we love to make a dip when eating seafood, this dip goes great with boiled or fried shrimp. Enjoy.

One 30 oz jar mayo (preferably Blue Plate, only mayo I use)
Two 8 oz bottles of Cajun Power garlic sauce
16 oz bottle of horseradish sauce
4 oz Worcestershire sauce( I only use Lea & Perrins)
2 tbsp Tony Chaceres seasoning
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp black pepper
Whisk in a large bowl till it has a creamy consistency. Also great on burgers and sandwiches.

if anyone has a special sauce, please share.

What's wrong with traditional cocktail sauce?

With oysters I like just plain lemon. But around here we also use lime, Tabasco, or Tapatio.

I'm not sure exactly why, but there's also special soy sauce for seafood.

seasoned-soy-sauce-for-seafood-410ml.jpg

Depends on what it is. I usually don't like the same sauce for everything since that makes everything taste too similar.

Usually I have a basic cocktail with horseradish and ketchup, or an italian with butter, olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning, or for broiled fish, a lemon pepper glaze, sometimes with rosemary in it, or a BBQ glaze. Adding some very hot sauce to any of these to give them more kick is optional, and usually needs to be done to my food alone instead of *contaminating* everyone else's.

Burgers, if a straight up lettuce tomato pickle onion etc burger instead of specialty (bacon cheese, mushroom swiss, etc), I'd do mayo, garlic powder, black pepper, hot sauce. Sometimes I get lazy and mustard is enough already. Make it too complicated and the faux-fast-food aspect goes away.

That sounds great.

I mix up my own sauces for various entrees or meats. Mayo and horseradish are two of my staple ingredients and that above, I can tell, would be great.

Here's one I just ran across the other day. Have not made it yet but looking forward to it:

German/English hybrid curry ketchup.

Here's another one I make each summer. Banana ketchup (which is closer to the real ketchup than you think). Then use this as the ketchup base in your barbecue sauce recipe? Oh wow. Minds=Blown when you tell people.

Back