Seafoam thoughts in high mileage 4 banger honda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

I have a 94 honda accord (2.2L 4 banger) with 189k. Runs fine, but I thought I would do a seafoam cleansing. Ive read on another forum (ricer alert!! super-honda.com) that seafoam is not recommend for high mileage apps, although a friend recently used in a 300k old volvo, and it was fine.

your guys thoughts??
>Ankur

Do you mean putting it in the tank ...or using it as an intake/cc "purge"?
confused.gif

I don't see any problem with the tank ...and if it were going to damage anything as a purge ..it wouldn't be limited to just Seafoam.

No not in take, in the engine...a "engine purge" as you called it.

Ive read that you let the bottle be "sucked up" by the pvc valve, and let the car choke on the bottle. then restart it, and the car will burn the carbon deposits and anything left in the engine. thoughts?? Im sure a lot of you guys have done it....

thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by Ankur:
No not in take, in the engine...a "engine purge" as you called it.

Ive read that you let the bottle be "sucked up" by the pvc valve, and let the car choke on the bottle. then restart it, and the car will burn the carbon deposits and anything left in the engine. thoughts?? Im sure a lot of you guys have done it....

thanks!

I did this on a '91 Prelude with 177k. Smoked like crazy but didn't really run any different. If nothing else, it should clean out some of the PCV oil residue in the manifold runners. My brother also used it on a Saab with +150k and said it ran better than ever afterwards.

edit:

Maybe someone used it on an extremely crudded up junker and dislodged a chunk of carbon; or cleaned out some gunk that was forming a false seal in a manifold gasket? Then blamed the Seafoam for making his car worse?

i use seafoam in my accord, works fine.

never use marvel's mystery oil through the PCV though, it does bad stuff.

(i found out through experience).

[ February 25, 2005, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: seotaji ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back