Scrubblade

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're going to put 2 blades on 1 wiper, why not make the leading one out of bristles or cloth? Swiping rubber over cooked on bug guts never works.

Always wonder about the things at a truck stop. On one hand it's their living so truckers should want good stuff. On the other hand....

So is it generally decent stuff or more Chinesium junk?

The outboard sides of the squeegees have cross hatch patterns on them that are supposed to "scrub." The videos on YouTube are interesting. I get such good mileage out of my OEM blade frames with silicone rubber inserts ordered from Malaysia or China on eBay I've been reluctant to try anything different. I'm past three years on the set of inserts I am using now. the Scrubblade is pretty good in concept, but I wondered if they were good in practice. The company has this nasty test in which the guy shoots live crickets at a windshield to make splatter - gross.

[Linked Image]

Anyone remember these.
smile.gif
Sound familiar.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
[Linked Image]

Anyone remember these.
smile.gif
Sound familiar.

My brother swore by them. They're not the same thing, but they are similar in concept. I do use silicone inserts in my OEM blades and they last 2-3 times longer than natural rubber. I tried the Jamak (Tripledge) blades and found them wanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back