Screen Shot

There should be a tool called 'Snip and Sketch' in Windows that you can use to grab a screenshot. If you don't see it in the start menu, type Snip and Sketch in the search to the right of the start button.

Reactions: JC1
If you are into keyboard shortcuts, hit the Windows key, plus the Shift key, and then also the S key (press all three at the same time). That opens up the tool qdeezie was mentioning. It will let you outline just the area you want screenshotted, by letting you make a rectangle of what you want.

Other methods:

Hold down Windows Key + PRNT SCN (another suggested you just have to hit the Print Screen button) and it will copy the entire screen to the clipboard.

ALT + PRNT SCN will copy only the active window to the clipboard.

Thanks for the mention of the WIN + SHIFT + S tool, never knew that existed. In the past I'd always copied the window or entire screen and had to use Microsoft Paint (or other tool) to crop it. This will save some time!

On windows 10, enter "snipping tool" in the "type here to search". I just lauched it and didn't realize they are moving to "Snip and Sketch". Micro-***-Soft. .....

Download IrfanView 64 BIT. I've been using it for over 15 years. The best free image software.
It has excellent screen shot tool and much more. It's also very lightweight.

There should be a tool called 'Snip and Sketch' in Windows that you can use to grab a screenshot. If you don't see it in the start menu, type Snip and Sketch in the search to the right of the start button.
1616647113235.jpg

Like this? It states to press Windows button + shift + S to screen shot.
Thanks.

I just hit the "Prt Scrn" button, then open Paint and past it in, then dave as a .jpg file.

I just hit the "Prt Scrn" button, then open Paint and past it in, then dave as a .jpg file.
Dave is many things - hard worker, devoted father, consummate humanitarian...I could go on, but I won’t.

it would not matter if we took the time to compile a comprehensive list of all the things Dave is, for there is one thing that would not be anywhere on that list: jpeg.

if you are dead set on indicting Dave as a pic file, I will have to insist upon proof to bolster this besmirchment, sir!!

For macOS it’s shift command 3 . Odd example of a screenshot when my wife was fat. You can preview a vanity plate in Ohio.

190EDDC9-4825-4999-B8D8-3FA9A61BF139.jpeg

Back