Screeching Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The driver's side door on my 05 accord is making quite a screeching noise when being raised or lowered. Doesn't happen when raining or damp

Something needs to be lubed but I can't imagine what.., it certainly sounds like glass but there's no scratching anywhere

Any thoughts as to what requires lube and what kind of lube to use?

Sounds like the outside rubber between the door and glass has gotten old and stiff and is grabbing the glass. When it's moist it gives enough slip to not make the noise. Try spraying silicone spray on the outside, inside and vertical door track rubber and rubbing it in. You could also wax the glass after you do this to help it slide a little easier against the rubber. The ultimate solution will be to replace the door rubber.

Originally Posted By: Finz
The driver's side door on my 05 accord is making quite a screeching noise when being raised or lowered. Doesn't happen when raining or damp

Something needs to be lubed but I can't imagine what.., it certainly sounds like glass but there's no scratching anywhere

Any thoughts as to what requires lube and what kind of lube to use?

Maybe the door window scissors? The panel needs to come off and the plastic covering to access that track. I've used white lithium grease in that track.

Here is a video about what the scissors looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZCOUdO6vo

Check youtube for other videos on how to remove the panel if you don't know how.

Regards, JC.

Originally Posted By: stumpypete
Sounds like the outside rubber between the door and glass has gotten old and stiff and is grabbing the glass. When it's moist it gives enough slip to not make the noise. Try spraying silicone spray on the outside, inside and vertical door track rubber and rubbing it in. You could also wax the glass after you do this to help it slide a little easier against the rubber. The ultimate solution will be to replace the door rubber.

This^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back