Scratch on Dash.

Have a question.

Recently purchased a used vehicle that had a scratch on the dash didn't bother me at the time . Now my eyes are glued to it. Would you guys just leave it or the other option would be have mobil guy touch it up but I really don't wana make it any worse or afraid of the long term repair filing. Let me know ur imput thanks.

Attachments

• Resized_20210922_162402(1).jpeg
    Resized_20210922_162402(1).jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210923_133625.jpg
    20210923_133625.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 58
what vehicle? age?

no repair short of replacement will be perfect, but those repair kits with the heat iron and grain patches can get close enough, but you will always notice the spot even if no one else does. I have the same affliction, can get expensive.

Get a fabric dash cover . I have the velour on my Honda HRV and it fits like a glove...got mine from covercraft...

I got rid of a fuzzy looking scratch by running the flame of a pocket torch over it. That melted the fuzz down and the scratch was much less obvious. The scratch in the posted images looks like material has been gauged out. If there are raised bits, rub over the area with a tongue depressor or similar and try smoothening the raised bits. Go against the direction in which the scratch occurred.

Back