Precisely.

Oops, you did it AGAIN.
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by AC1DD

Oops, you did it AGAIN.
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

I'm always happy to correct the spelling and grammar of the educationally challenged, but in your case I'll simply leave you to worship at the Shrine of Saint Scotty.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MCompact

Oops, you did it AGAIN.
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

I'm always happy to correct the spelling and grammar of the educationally challenged, but in your case I'll simply leave you to worship at the Shrine of Saint Scotty.

You didn't realize that I deliberately made those errors? Surely you jest.
wink.gif
20.gif

Originally Posted by MCompact

Oops, you did it AGAIN.
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

You didn't realize that I deliberately made those errors? Surely you jest.
wink.gif
20.gif

Pretty sure he's trolling your troll
Trolling.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Pretty sure he's trolling your troll
Trolling.gif

I caught him the first time though.
banana2.gif

You know what they say about the last refuge of scoundrels....they focus on speling and grammer.
28.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE

One of the best mechanics I knew never worked in a shop with a lift, and it often appeared to be a mess.

Another mechanic had one of the most elaborate Snap-on set-ups I've ever seen. And he was a hack.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Can't comment on this Scotty guy, as I've only watched part of one video.

You have a point. My cousin is a great mechanic but an absolute slob......Wish I could hire him truth be told, I just can't put up it.

Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by Redright9
I get a laugh out of some of the vehicle he states are good old cars that are built way better than the new ones. One in particular was a late '90s/early'00s silverado. Saying they were built well unlike the new ones of today. I remember back when they were new, the same thing was said how the new ones were garbage and not good like the 88-98s were. He's a silly one.

Isn't that the prevailing BITOG sentiment?!?
Countless threads here talk about how they don't build them like they used to....

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by Redright9
I get a laugh out of some of the vehicle he states are good old cars that are built way better than the new ones. One in particular was a late '90s/early'00s silverado. Saying they were built well unlike the new ones of today. I remember back when they were new, the same thing was said how the new ones were garbage and not good like the 88-98s were. He's a silly one.

Isn't that the prevailing BITOG sentiment?!?
Countless threads here talk about how they don't build them like they used to....

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, especially the people who love manuals and don't want any options. There's a reason that power windows and locks which used to be options are now standard. People want the options. The people who love manuals and no options are really the fringe group. Very few cars sold today have manuals and very few strippers are on the lots.

But it's the handle end, so he's not getting very far
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trav
The man is rowing with only one oar in the water.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I find it funny how he complains about BMWs and when he gets behind the wheel of one, guns it. Presumably with an unconscious smile on his face.

Plastic parts set him off with regards to BMW but even some long time BMW repair gurus have been complaining about it for decades as well.

Ex, Toyota will use a rubber with a clamp on a PCV hose whereas BMW will use a plastic hose with barbed fittings which easily break apart. The crazy thing is that because the valve cover gasket on the BMW fails at 2x-3x the interval as the Toyota that ($30) hose will end up being replaced or hack repaired where as the hose on the Toyota will almost never get replaced during the life of the vehicle.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I find it funny how he complains about BMWs and when he gets behind the wheel of one, guns it. Presumably with an unconscious smile on his face.

Plastic parts set him off with regards to BMW but even some long time BMW repair gurus have been complaining about it for decades as well.

Ex, Toyota will use a rubber with a clamp on a PCV hose whereas BMW will use a plastic hose with barbed fittings which easily break apart. The crazy thing is that because the valve cover gasket on the BMW fails at 2x-3x the interval as the Toyota that ($30) hose will end up being replaced or hack repaired where as the hose on the Toyota will almost never get replaced during the life of the vehicle.

Yeah, I don't like all the plastic hoses under the hood of my BMW but do not complain as much as he does.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

Yeah, I don't like all the plastic hoses under the hood of my BMW but do not complain as much as he does.

What if you got paid $$$ to complain? My gums would be flapping for sure.
wink.gif
lol

Everyone needs to read "Surely You're Joking Mr Feynman!".

Also "Tuva or Bust!: Richard Feynman's Last Journey" - I have the original hardcover with the soundsheet insert of Tuvan throat-singing.

To me, Scotty Kilmer is entertainment first, information second. About 2/3 of the stuff he says, I will generally agree with him. The other 1/3 is biased by some fluke he experienced, or (as in this case) he is throwing out a very broad blanket that does not really apply. As with most other internet videos, grain of salt here.

he used to do a morning show segment in houston and his answers were so general and useless. caller would say their car wouldn't start and he'd say something like "maybe you're outa gas or your battery is dead"

Back