SCORED! 27 qts M1 0W-20 SL for $1/qt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I walked into a local Checker Auto to pick up a filter cap wrench when I saw a closeout table with all these quarts of SL M1 0W-20. They were marked "CLEARANCE" at $2/qt. I asked the guy behind the counter what kind of a price could I get if I took all 27. He doesn't even bat an eye and says "a buck a bottle". I'm set for the next 4 changes, or 2 for each Ford in the family.

Wow... I would have bought them all up too... good find!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by BrianWC:
Would go nice with my 20 bottles of 15W50 M1 SL I got for $2 a bottle.
grin.gif

Wouldn't it? I got my dozen or so of M1 15w-50 for $1.09 (Target). At that price, I figured I'd 'make' it work and add 5w-20. Probably a one off deal, unfortunately.

Well, go around to your quieter auto parts stores and seek out the old bottle SL Mobil1. It doesn't move b/c of the fact that it looks so old next to the fancy new bottles. They may be willing to cut a deal.

That's how I got mine! I had to take the whole stock of M1 15W50 plus 24 bottles of Pennzoil Synth 10W30 SJ.

Now you can take them back to Wal*Mart, say your wife or GF bought them and exchange them for something you really want, well if you don't want 0W20 SL
wink.gif

Excellent find!

It seems that some stores are eliminating M1 0w-20 because the average joe would walk in, want the M1, but see 0w instead of 5w and not understand that the 0w can be used in place of the 5w and end-up not buying the M1 0w-20. So it's possible that you got such a great deal because of this.

Mobil was aware of this and introduced M1 5w-20 and was going to phase out the 0w-20, but they actually kept it apparently due to the emissions requirements for the hybrid vehicles.

Again, good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back