Scored 10 qts of Green GC today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoop! I visited 2 different Auto-Zones today and scored ten quarts of Green GC!!

There was some of the ancient Ow30 in front of the good stuff in both places, so I almost didn't bother to look. Both places also had bottles of 0w30 with no lot numbers on the bottom. The bottle had the 0w30 with the red background, but I belive it said "Made in the USA with imported components."

All in all, I'd say it was a very fruitful trip! I'm now up to 21 quarts of green GC! I know that's meager by some standards, but I just got started and the green is getting harder to find!

I've missed out on trips to 3 other Auto-Zones in the last couple of weeks though!

quote:

had bottles of 0w30 with no lot numbers on the bottom.

Check the bottles carefully. I've also found GC Green bottles without batch numbers, with the lettering all scrunched up and unreadable, partial numbers, as well as numbers running off the bottom edge and partially up the side of the bottle. They had a production line labeling synchro problem during some batches. Otherwise the bottles were identical to batched numbered GC Green. Also these were mixed in with the GC Green batch numbered bottles and had the nice layer of dust as the GC Green bottles. So if GC Green is hard to find in your area, I wouldn't pass them up as long as they have the "Made in Germany" label and the other label idenitifiers for GC.

a_g

cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GoldenRod:
How is the GTP doing on GC so far?

So far so good! I've only driven it once since the oil change though. It seemed to run a lot smoother and was more responsive. It's still quiet too!

If I wasn't sure it was GC, I left it alone. No way I was going to open the bottle. One of the employees was eyeballing me anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back