Score of the Day???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so it's not free Platinum, but....

I went into Advance this morn to grab a PureOne filter for my saab. I glanced at the clearance shelves and noticed they were quite stocked. I walked over and saw old Pennnzoil Synth listed at $4.45. I asked the manager how much it really was and he told me 50% off! It was 9 bottles of SJ and 1 bottle of SL all in 10W30. Seeing as my saab is a 2001 that's just fine. So, I haul it all to the register and he oints out more clearance stuff. Well, stuck in among cheapo tire gauges and crap was 1 bottle of Redline 5W20. Yup, it was 50% off. So, I got the Redline for $3 and change and the Pennzoil Synth for $2.23 a bottle. I apologized for my oil obsessiveness to the manager who replied that I needed to come back during the week because he's been clearing out store room space in the back and a bunch more oil was coming to the clearance rack!!!

Not bad...not bad at all.....
cool.gif
grin.gif

Looking around is worth the trouble, sometimes. I found 6 quarts of GC 0w-30 for half off. Something sticky was all over the bottles. I think it was antifreeze. The clerk said no one was willing to clean them off, so I was able to buy them for $16.50.

I scored 30 quarts of Valvoline Maxlife this morning for $1.50/quart at Wal-Mart. They were in a box of 5 for $7.50. The only other oil cheaper is regular Supertech dino for $1.38/qt. I'm thinking about going back for more but I just have to convince the Mrs.

Nice! I also noticed how good a deal I got on my $1.58 Pennzoil HM given the fact that Advance had it for the low price of $2.98.

Hey, I was looking at the manufaturing code on the bottom of my synth and it seems to my untrained eyes that this stuff was actually made at what was at the time the Shreveport Pennzoil refinery! Hometown oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back