Scope Purchase

Finally purchased a Pico Scope after many years of wanting one, I went with (Go Big or Go Home) & got the 4425 Master Kit with the Pressure Transducer Kit...........HERE

AES Wave called & said the Pressure Transducer kit is on back order, Oh well....I'll just wait. But will get the actual Scope Kit in a few days.

I'm going to turn my old Snap-on 3 drawer roll cart into a Diagnostic Cart that will house ALL my Diag Equipment.

Will be selling my Snap-on Vantage Pro & Snap-on Low Amp Clamp with a fairly new genuine battery. Probably one of the nicest used Vantage Pro's you'll find if anyone's interested PM me.

I still have my original 1997 Vantage, it's my everyday multimeter. The Fluke 98 sits in it's draw and hardly sees the light of day, I just don't need to do that stuff these days. I'd love a Pico Scope, but if I don't use my Fluke, I wouldn't have much use for one either.

Finally purchased a Pico Scope after many years of wanting one, I went with (Go Big or Go Home) & got the 4425 Master Kit with the Pressure Transducer Kit...........HERE

AES Wave called & said the Pressure Transducer kit is on back order, Oh well....I'll just wait. But will get the actual Scope Kit in a few days.

I'm going to turn my old Snap-on 3 drawer roll cart into a Diagnostic Cart that will house ALL my Diag Equipment.

Will be selling my Snap-on Vantage Pro & Snap-on Low Amp Clamp with a fairly new genuine battery. Probably one of the nicest used Vantage Pro's you'll find if anyone's interested PM me.

Congrats, that is an impressive unit! I have the 4225 which is only 2 channel but I cant justify over 5K at this point in my career.

I still have my original 1997 Vantage, it's my everyday multimeter. The Fluke 98 sits in it's draw and hardly sees the light of day, I just don't need to do that stuff these days. I'd love a Pico Scope, but if I don't use my Fluke, I wouldn't have much use for one either.

The original Vantage makes for an excellent graphing multimeter, Had a battery leak acid into mine ruining it years ago.....Think they still trade for $4-$500?

I use my Vantage Pro 2-3 times a week, And want to get into using in-cylinder Pressure Waveforms. I priced out & test drove a new Snap-on Vantage Legend......After taxes, It would've cost $3000 for a 2 Channel with no Pressure Transducer's. The resolution/sample rate was better than the Pro but not by much.

The original Vantage makes for an excellent graphing multimeter, Had a battery leak acid into mine ruining it years ago.....Think they still trade for $4-$500?
Yes, that's why I've never upgraded to a lower spec DMM. I was looking at O2 sensors and injectors the other day, and it's just so good for that stuff, the DMM is just tumbling numbers and why hook up the scope just for an O2 sensor ? It was a 1994 Nissan Cefiro (Maxima) and all the specs were on my original card. I've had later updated cards, but have all failed, so back on the '97 Aust/NZ card.

The thing about using a scope.....Use it & learn it even when you probably didn't need to. Along with recording Known Good Waveforms whenever possible. Pico & Snap-on has waveform libraries.
Can't wait to get the Pressure Testing Kit......That's really why I bought this.

The scope showed up today......

eYSYqyq.jpg

yR3Xbh6.jpg

That is a nice kit. I would like to get a scope but I'm just a DIY'er and can't justify anything expensive. I will probably get AES Wave's Uscope at some point.

A couple of guys on YT that I follow, ScannerDanner and Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics use the Pico scope quite a bit on their channels.

Only thing that kind of bothered me about it is the USB3 cable. I tried looking for a thinner, more flexible one and found out all of it is in the cable's spec. There can't be a thinner, more flexible one.

Back