Scope for auto diagnosis

I’ve used a scope before can’t remember the name it was the one we had in school. Think it was a Snap-on one. It was cool to use. Used it to diagnose a bent valve on a 3.7 Jeep Liberty.

What did you choose in the end? Can you tell us more about your choice? I'm thinking about buying a second diagnostic device now, but I don't know what to choose. My main device is a diagnostic device from thinkdiag.co.uk and I am completely happy with it, but some of my colleagues say that there is a possibility that the error will be incorrectly determined. I've never experienced this before, but now my paranoia won't let me calm down. For some reason, it seems to me that this device can incorrectly detect an error, so I decided to buy another one in order to avoid such a problem. Thank you in advance for your answer.

I also have the ThinkDiag and have found it to be a very good device, can i ask what additional device you ended up going with in the end.

Was watching South Main Auto video where Eric used a 4 channel oscilloscope to diagnose a Ford with smart charge system. He spent time to understand how the system works and to diagnose with both a scope and scan tool.

So my question is does the average Indy shop have a scope and do they take to time to diagnose problems with a scope.

Eric seemed to have an expensive Pico scope adapter that turns a laptop into a scope. Not a $100 cheapie.

But one needs the scope and knowledge to use it. It's a lot more knowledge required to use a scope than take a DVM and measure battery voltage.
Thanks. Like to watch it- what is the date?

Back