Scissor lift fluid - Mobil DTE 10 excel 15 alternatives?

DTE 10 excel 15 is an ISO 15 so any premium ISO 15 weight will work chevron has the rykon oil and shell is Tellus.

They should all honestly be around the same price. You might be able to find a store brand or local brand for cheaper though.

I manage an outdoor Genie trailer lift and stick to the mfg. recommendation because I am paranoid about liability. People can and do die using lifts.

This page lists 3 equivalents, with the Sunoco product costing about 1/2 of the others. https://petroleumservicecompany.com...MImKGexYv-7gIV0giICR2nYAAsEAAYAiAAEgIWUvD_BwE ....... The other 2 equivalents are not enough different in my opinion to trouble with deviating from the OEM recommendation.

The one specification that is different with the Mobil vs. others is dielectric strength. The Mobil is 45 kV while the other 3 list 35 kV (the minimum allowed). Maybe this is just due to tech. sheet reporting methodology???? Dielectric strength deteriorates quickly upon exposure to air moisture and contaminants.

My concern is if someone gets electrocuted while using my workplace lift and they trace it to a "lesser" fluid, all heck might break out.

I manage an outdoor Genie trailer lift and stick to the mfg. recommendation because I am paranoid about liability. People can and do die using lifts.

This page lists 3 equivalents, with the Sunoco product costing about 1/2 of the others. https://petroleumservicecompany.com...MImKGexYv-7gIV0giICR2nYAAsEAAYAiAAEgIWUvD_BwE ....... The other 2 equivalents are not enough different in my opinion to trouble with deviating from the OEM recommendation.

The one specification that is different with the Mobil vs. others is dielectric strength. The Mobil is 45 kV while the other 3 list 35 kV (the minimum allowed). Maybe this is just due to tech. sheet reporting methodology???? Dielectric strength deteriorates quickly upon exposure to air moisture and contaminants.

My concern is if someone gets electrocuted while using my workplace lift and they trace it to a "lesser" fluid, all heck might break out.
good point if you need high dielectric oils they WILL degrade due to mositure ingress and dirt so change routinly.

Back