Scion XD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

I have an opportunity to buy a nearly new one of these at a very good price. I know it's a 'kids' car but what's the concensus on the vehicle?

Scion's are great cars, nothing kiddy about them, they were marketed towards a younger generation to help Toyota out and they succeeded, but given how affordable they are, adults actually started to buy the cars.

They are rock solid and worth it. I myself had an 08 Scion TC for 1 1/2 years and enjoyed it, came with the Infamous Camry 4cylinder engine, the newer XB's come with it to. The XD comes with a solid engine and trans as well, go into it with confidence if its at the right price.

very nice little car, I tried one out when we bought my wife's 2nd gen xB.....the 2nd gen xB is a little better ride and a little bigger and peppier engine for 1000.00 more than the xD new. The xD is still a fine car, especially for a good deal. Go for it, Scions are great cars....(of course they are, they're Toyota!)

The xD has to be one of the funkiest looking mass produced cars available. Often makes me wonder how well they will age looks wise. I just saw the commercial for the KIA Soul a few nights ago and it has a good resemblance to the xD.

How good of a price are you looking at? I like the Honda Fit in the sub-compact class. But they cost an arm and maybe both legs. The Nissan Versa is also slightly odd looking but it's quite roomy inside for the size of the car.

Personally love my xB (wife drives it mostly)-the xD kind of reminds me of a combo of the old xA & a Matrix-& the 1.8 VVT-i should have more power than my 1.5. I can tell you the Scions really hold their value-my '05 has only lost 2K in book value in 4 years!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back