Scion Tc

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Scion Tc comes standard with the 2.4L I-4, but the supercharger is available as a dealer installed accessory. I've never found that option on the Scion website, but I've read numerous articles about the Tc that mention its available, or will be available soon.

I'm not trying to restart that old thread that was closed today, just trying to clear up the confusion about the Tc being supercharged or not.
smile.gif

I have an 05 tC myself and have searched several scion forums about the supercharger allegedly planned by TRD for this engine. It doesn't seem to be available now and perhaps never. The general opinion is that there is no opinion as to why, but Toyota is suspected of planning to introduce a newer supercharged or turbocharged model sometime(?). There are one or two aftermarket turbos offered but nobody has yet posted having installed one. Approval by some federal regulatory agency is cited by some posts but I have no idea who this may be or why it's involved.

Turbonetics has or is about to release a nice kit for the Scion TC. That's what I'd get if I had one; forget that weeny supercharger kit from TRD. The Turbonetics kit would probably make 50 more peak hp and tons more torque/area under the curve. A turbocharged TC would be a real sweet ride!

Is the 2.4L in the Tc the same as the Camry engine? I like the HP/Torque this car has. My car has only 165 hp but lacks tq big time.

It is available and is roughly $3k.
I wouldn't pay that for ~20HP, but I didn't buy the tC to try and race anyone.

TRD makes the supercharger for the manual transmission only. TRD has always been bad about getting their product information out. Give them a call, talk to Ted Moncure at 310-468-6292.

I was hoping that they would have a turbo setup for the clown car (XB). That would be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back