School principal tells teachers to change grades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BJD78
Baltimore cannot be the only place that does that, not by a long shot.

You are of course, right. Prince George's County has also been doing it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/...s-cheating.html

Welcome to Maryland, where the Teacher's Union is one of the most influential selectors of Gubernatorial candidates. For the Democrats, that is. When it gets REALLY bad, voters will elect a one-term Republican to clean things up, then immediately go back to their old corrupt ways. Hogan may change that, by being wildly efficient, useful, and dare I say it, popular.

Someone here in California thought the Teacher's Union had something to do with teaching and students. Proof positive, stupid can't be fixed.

The Teacher's Union has heard and read about students but may have never met one. They know that teachers go to work somewhere and do something but it's not of any interest to them. What they do is time stamp a teacher and at certain intervals, the teacher earns a pay raise and additional retirement benefits. The teacher's job is to shut up and pay the dues. All the teacher has to do is go to the union health plan doctor when needs and then retire when the time clock expires. The union takes the money and divides it up among the players and gives the rest to politicians because they like politicians. Outsiders are jealous because if they're not politicians they have to work for a living.

Sometimes they NEED to tell the teachers to change the grades because there are some idiot teachers out there too and can't handle the straight A students. Case in point, my daughter. Straight A's since pre K. Get's in a 8th grade math class this year, teacher has no syllabus, difficult to understand and does not communicate clearly. Because she didn't understand what he was asking, she ended up getting a C this past grading quarter. [censored]. She has a bunch of other friends that were all straight A's that also got a C. I personally met him, and he's a dingbat. No business teaching. Very difficult to understand and just gives out Odyssey school work (on-line). Teaches them nothing. Phished me off. Now, if my daughter went lame brain and deserved that C, I got no problems with that, but to ding a child who takes pride in her work, because he was not clear on his assignments or work expectations....THAT'S A PROBLEM.

A good test that does what one might think a test should do can be difficult to create.

In high school our class complained about the teacher's tough tests where almost no one ever got an "A", there were few "B's" and a lot of students flunked.

The teacher's response. He let the students make up the next test, 25 multiple choice questions. The students wiped themselves out. Not one student in the class got the passing score of 72.

Maybe it's more difficult to make up a test than it appears taking into account the teacher's skills, the reference material and the overall makeup of the students.

The worst thing is not keeping score and having everyone automatically pass and just moving students on to the next level and being taught by a teacher that can't be pink slipped or even evaluated.

My granddaughter is doing well in class. She has learned that there are two tasks. One, is to give the teacher what they want and two is to figure out how to lean something and this might be completely independent of the class curriculum and the teacher's input. It's working. She has an academic scholarship in hand and with enough college credits from her high school college prep program and summer college class's to almost completely skip her freshman year. Maybe her two-step approach will continue to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back