School me on M1 0w20?

Whats the difference between the different non HM flavors of M1 in a vehicle running low miles 6 month oil changes?

My local shop asked me what flavor of 0w20 would I like in this vehicle OCI be run on, and I had straight deer in the headlights look.

Last edited:
Whats the difference between the different non HM flavors of M1 in a vehicle running low miles 6 month oil changes?

My local shop ask me what flavor of 0w20 would this vehicle OCI be run on, and I had straight deer in the headlights look.

Are you from a mirror universe?

Usually it's the bitoger specifying the flavor of the non HM M1 and everyone else confused.

Are you from a mirror universe?

Usually it's the bitoger specifying the flavor of the non HM M1 and everyone else confused.
I probably have a unofficial BITOGer as the mechanic, because last time I sent a friend to him for a "customer supplied RGT oil for shop oil change" and he told me never again would he be going to this shop because the shop kept hassling him for the use of RGT.

They apparently kept insisting that good oil costs money, unlike the clearance RGT he had brought, and he should have let them use M1 AFE since thats the best on the market etc etc but wouldnt offer up a reason beside it being Mobil and friends dont friends use inferior oil in new cars.

I guess the margins in selling shop oil is better then margins on a labor only OCI.

I probably have a unofficial BITOGer as the mechanic, because last time I sent a friend to him for a "customer supplied RGT oil for shop oil change" and he told me never again would he be going to this shop because the shop kept hassling him for the use of RGT.

They apparently kept insisting that good oil costs money, unlike the clearance RGT he had brought, and he should have let them use M1 AFE since thats the best on the market etc etc but wouldnt offer up a reason beside it being Mobil and friends dont friends use inferior oil in new cars.

In that case, you should tell him to use M1 AFE. He will be happy you chose the oil he recommends and it sounds like his happiness is important.

I just hope for your sake he doesn't ask you what oil filter you want to use.

Given the conditions you state:
Absolutely, without any doubt, unequivically stated, with 110% confidence, swearing on my grandmother's grave ...
not one shred of difference you or your engine could ever discern.

Last summer I preferred the M1 EP because it had a $10 rebate instead of the $5 rebate but at walmart it was only $2 more - so in the end it was cheaper.

Next summer when the rebate starts i'll need to let you know.

In that case, you should tell him to use M1 AFE. He will be happy you chose the oil he recommends and it sounds like his happiness is important.

I just hope for your sake he doesn't ask you what oil filter you want to use.
I have been giving him the OE can, so unless he pulls up filtration efficiency charts out the back office or I decide to bring him a non OE filter not much discussion should happen lol

Have the A.F.E. 0w-20 in the the FIT and many other previous O.C.s' . It's nice to belong to a family . Or is it a cult ?

Did use the SHELL Rotella Gas Truck 0w-20 once 🤨. Hope I don't get pelted with bottles of A.F.E.. If so , please let them be empty. 🤕

Last edited:
Back