Schley Products 68100 Bushing Tool

https://www.sptool.com/product/68100-hondaacura-front-lower-compliance-bushing-rr-tool/
https://www.tooltopia.com/schley-68100.aspx

Purchased this tool because my 9circle kit only covered the 74mm bushings and their 65mm version was OOS everywhere.

I used the Schley tool on a 2003 Pilot with the 65mm bushings.

The best part about the Schley tool is that the pressing cup has a groove to hold the new bushing. This seems to help keep the bushing centered while pressing in the new one.

The intent of the Schley tool is to allow you to replace the compliance bushing without removing the control arm. You will need to remove the axle nut and push in the axle before pulling out the arm though. Otherwise you WILL separate the cv axle's inner joint.

The cost is a bit steep but a new control arm from Honda is over $300/side and the compliance bushings is only $30. Usually the rest of the arm is still fine (it is just the compliance bushing that wears out) so this tool is a great investment if you own or service any Honda products with the 65mm or 74mm bushings.

7B6B7C77-E9E6-49F5-9129-A4E4AE6BC272.jpeg

84197A38-6676-457F-817E-B277DAD84C57.jpeg

2286D153-3E9E-4A9C-9327-1DBF1B5B9381.jpeg

3B49AAED-5758-4F06-B7CF-5C1008136AAC.jpeg

Last edited:
Schley makes some good quality stuff. Had their Crankshaft pulley holder that I bought for my 98 Sienna timing belt job.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of use from that tool.

Originally Posted by The Critic
The intent of the Schley tool is to allow you to replace the compliance bushing without removing the control arm.

In the picture it's looks like you have the control arm pretty much removed except for at the ball joint. Why not spend 2 minutes to remove it from there too?

Originally Posted by atikovi
The intent of the Schley tool is to allow you to replace the compliance bushing without removing the control arm.

In the picture it's looks like you have the control arm pretty much removed except for at the ball joint. Why not spend 2 minutes to remove it from there too?
Two minutes, eh? TBF Crit does live in the mythical land where rust does not exist.

Looks a lot better than the combination ball joint press, bearing press, and old hollowed out compliance bushing I use. Gets the job done...certainly isn't the easiest way to do it though. That and Honda puts a bevel on the edge of the bushings, so you have to be careful and not slip off, the groove in an official tool would be a godsend for that.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Originally Posted by atikovi

Two minutes, eh? TBF Crit does live in the mythical land where rust does not exist.

Eh, the less you remove, the better. There is always a risk to separating the ball joint. Sometimes the boots rip. If you use the ball joint air hammer nuts, you will sometimes rip the threads off of the stud.

Originally Posted by ctechbob
Looks a lot better than the combination ball joint press, bearing press, and old hollowed out compliance bushing I use. Gets the job done...certainly isn't the easiest way to do it though. That and Honda puts a bevel on the edge of the bushings, so you have to be careful and not slip off, the groove in an official tool would be a godsend for that.

Yeah, the groove in the cup is truly a godsend.

Just did a pair today on a relative's 03 Accord with the 74mm bushings. No issues at all with the dual 65/74mm design.

35420931-F531-4846-BC95-87907359A38D.jpeg

FAE5BECB-1D60-437E-953E-152C3C1C50AA.jpeg

8DE275BD-09A0-400C-B41B-35D861CA6979.jpeg

Reactions: JC1
Honda dealer want a lot to do bushings. cousins 2012 pilot had leaking bushings. they wanted $900 to do both . parts were $250 or so. So i look it up to see why its so much and it looked like a easy job . then i saw that they would be covered under a extended honda warranty for these . service guy did not bother to tell him it was still under warranty.

took it in and was out in less than 2 hours.

Nice. It'd be very easy to get your money's worth and then some out of this tool.

I thought about doing something like this when I did the wife's control arms last year. Sadly, one of the bushes has 2 bolt holes that need to be oriented 90 degrees with the ground.

Since I didn't have a jig I decided to pass, but this would have been so much cheaper in the long run as well as in the future since it eats bushings. Thankfully the most failure prone bushing is easy to replace unlike the oddball.

How were all the bushing bolts to remove? I'm in Michigan with two - 07 Accords. I had the dealer do one of them. They just replaced the bushings plus the sway bar links. I want to do the other one. I looking around where I can get this tool.

Haven’t seen anything like that before. Usually I just use the hydraulic press to get them out.
This supposed to allow you to not fully remove the LCA. If I have to remove the LCA then I'll either replace the LCA with a new one or bring old LCA to machine shop to press out/in a new bushing.

This supposed to allow you to not fully remove the LCA. If I have to remove the LCA then I'll either replace the LCA with a new one or bring old LCA to machine shop to press out/in a new bushing.
Yeah I usually replace them if I have to take them off. Unless the customer doesn’t want them replaced.

How were all the bushing bolts to remove? I'm in Michigan with two - 07 Accords. I had the dealer do one of them. They just replaced the bushings plus the sway bar links. I want to do the other one. I looking around where I can get this tool.
Out here? Easy. They come out like butter. The tool helps, even if you remove the arm. The cups are an exact fit.

3E7088A1-2E34-4477-A95C-2550166FA03B.jpeg

Yeah I usually replace them if I have to take them off. Unless the customer doesn’t want them replaced.
Quality of OE bushings is still higher than aftermarket.

Where is "out here"?
I checked online and there's a few places that still sell the 68100. Average cost about $130. But before I buy one i want to make sure that I can loosen the bushing bolts. Did you have to spray the bolts beforehand? If so, what did you use?
Also, did anyone use an aftermarket LCA? If so, which brand?

Where is "out here"?
I checked online and there's a few places that still sell the 68100. Average cost about $130. But before I buy one i want to make sure that I can loosen the bushing bolts. Did you have to spray the bolts beforehand? If so, what did you use?
Also, did anyone use an aftermarket LCA? If so, which brand?
No penetrant has been required for me and I have done over 10 pairs. Then again, these were all CA cars with zero rust, some as old as 2003's.

If you only plan to use the tool once, the investment may not be worth it. Although the OE Honda bushings are better than aftermarket, my last pair of Honda compliance bushings only lasted 42K and I have seen a few other pairs develop large tears after 50-60K. I think Honda is using a different supplier for these bushings. I have noticed on multiple occasions that Honda changes suppliers on parts as the vehicles get older.

I recently purchased Moog R-Line control arms for my in-law's Camry that were Made in Taiwan by SH Auto Parts. I have been told that the aftermarket suspension parts coming from Taiwan tend to be a bit better than the stuff from China. The Moog R-Line arms for your Accord is about the same price as buying the tool and a pair of bushings from Honda.

Also, be sure to get an alignment after replacing the bushings.

I am going to need to change my Lower Control Arm Bushings on my 2006 TSX. I ordered both Beck/Arnley and AC Delco Professional Branded Arms to compare the quality. Both are made in Taiwan. I also heard that the Honda Bushing quality went down. I may install the TL-S Bushing in the stock arms and throw them on the shelf.

Back