Schaffers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have an off topic question brought up from that link... I drive about 6 or 7 miles to work and shut it off for about 3 or 4 hours then take a 30 minute lnch driving a few miles adn then drive home later, and after work I may drive around for 15-25 miles in town. Now after I put the schaeffers in will that take theshorter trips better and what would taking it on a 30 minute highway drive every week do for me? I live in texas by the way and by april its always over 65 degrees adn stays that way till december.

I was reading the back of the schaffers bottle and it said it was blended fom 100% paraffin base oils and then synthetic... isnt that what makes penzzoil gunk up engines or am I way off?

Schaeffer oil keeps engines very clean though, based on what I've seen. I know Bob has posted some pics here in the past with engines that have run Schaeffer oil for a long time and they look very clean inside.

Old anti-Pennzoil wives' tale. In some parts of the country this story has grown up about "Pennsylvania oils"--even though Pennzoil (prior to it's aquisition by Shell) was a Texas company.

Paraffin= candle wax=who would want wax in their engine? Must gunk things up because if I put a candle in my engine horrible things would happen.

In reality most oil is based on paraffin. Pennzoil is a group 2+ oil--probably the best dino. IMHO.

A longer highway trip once a week will make sure you burn off all the moisture that's in the oil, so that way your engine will have less chance of internal corrosion. This will also allow your oil to last for a longer drain interval.

Since I noticed yesterday that my mom has only driven 600 miles since December 22nd, I told her she should make one highway trip a week of at least 20min (or more if she can) In the extreme cold up here it can take at least 20min of highway driving for my car to reach full oil temperature (although in Texas your LT1 would obviously warm up much quicker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back