Schaeffer's supreme 9000 5w-50 racing VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posting my VOA of schaeffer's supreme 9000 5w50. Let me know what you guys think.

Screenshot_20210425-042558_Office.jpg

Last edited:
silicon is dimethicone, an anti foaming agent. Important for racing oils or in high performance engines
Thanks, I didn't realize that.

Is iron, aluminum, fuel and insoluables also important for racing oils and high performance engines?

I don't know how the soot and fuel numbers are arrived at, they could be meaningless. Iron, aluminium could be from manufacturing or from a previous sample? how precise and repeatable are these analysis? 9 ppm, could be 1 ppm or 20 ppm in reality. Send the same sample twice and you could get vastly different results.

Yes, this was a brand new unopened bottle and fresh napa sample bottle opened

This doesn't look like the right sample. Agree it looks more like a UOA. Also, unless Schaeffer recently changed their formula, it should have some moly in it.

Yeah I'm not believing this sample. I'm a Schaeffer's user and this sample doesn't look like Schaeffer's oils at all.

Send that for analysis elsewhere... that oil shouldn't look like that in analysis. I have a friend that uses the same oil in his Mustang race car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back