Schaeffers oil

My 5.7 liter silverado is now on 130,000 miles. The last couple of thousand miles I have been using Motorcraft 10w-40 UOA -yet to be done. When I changed to the heavier weight oil the assumption was it would help prevent wear-but after reading some of Bob's studies that is very debatable. After the motorcraft change I would like to go to Schaeffers oil. Patman has a good point that the pushrod GM v-8's like a heavier vis. 30 weight oil. Which Schaeffer oil would work best? I would want to go with one that would have a nice pour point as it does go below zero in West Virginia in winter. I am interested in Schaeffers because of the nice additive package and the ability to hold viscosity. Seems like other oils [Big Grin] have the thining issue except for the cream synthetics like Mobil, amsoil,and Redline. I want this truck to reach 200,000 and beyond and to help that Schaeffers seems to be a good choice. Any help would be appreciated. This board is very interesting- with a bunch of knowledgeable souls.

I'd use Schaeffer's #701 5W-30 synthetic blend oil in your winters and #703 10W-30 synthetic blend in the spring, summer, and fall. Also give serious consideration to Schaeffer's #267 80W-90 synthetic blend gear oil for your differential and #204S ATF if you have an automatic. If you haven't regularly flushed and renewed your ATF, run Auto-Rx in your transmission for 1500 miles, pull the pan and renew the filter, then do a complete ATF flush. Ken [ August 02, 2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

Schaeffer's sounds like a good oil to use for your truck. I recently switched all my cars and my parents over to the #703 10W-30 PAO Blend and I really like it soo far. I've performed 2 UOA's with it and both have been pretty good. My 2000 Wrangler recently got it's first fill of it and it seems the engine is running a bit smoother than with the M1 10W-30. Overall for it's cheap price when bought in bulk it's one of the best bang for your buck.