Schaeffer's Oil sure is green, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completed an engine cleaning before I put in my Schaeffer's Oil. I changed the oil today after a trip and put in four quarts of Schaeffer's Oil and about 3 oz. of Auto-RX. That Schaeffer's Oil sure is a nice green, isn't it?

Shhhh...it's a secret in"green"dient.
grin.gif

So is Redline oil red? And is Royal Purple purple? I have never seen or used those two oils.

The Castrol Syntec 0W-30 German stuff I just poured into my engine this week was a dark greenish blue. Looked kinda like shampoo.

Didn't smell like shampoo though. And my engine does *not* look like it just stepped out of a salon. So I guess Syntec 0W-30 is really motor oil after all.

quote:

Originally posted by Mystic:
So is Redline oil red? And is Royal Purple purple? I have never seen or used those two oils.

Yep, Royal Purple is indeed purple, however after putting it in my wife's engine and then running it for 30 seconds and checking the dipstick, it was no longer purple.

quote:

Originally posted by bretfraz:
The Castrol Syntec 0W-30 German stuff I just poured into my engine this week was a dark greenish blue. Looked kinda like shampoo.

Didn't smell like shampoo though.

It doesn't smell like oil, either. It smells like Gummie Bears—seriously.
grin.gif

What color green is it?

Lets see here Redline is red, Royal Purple is purple, LE is red, Schaeffers is green, Castrol (German stuff) is blueish green. Anybody know of any other colored oils?? Brown dont count.

quote:

Originally posted by Brian D.:
Anybody know of any other colored oils?? Brown dont count.

I bought a quart of Harley Davidson Semi-Synthetic Transmission fluid about a year ago that was light green (still smelled like gear oil). I kinda figured it was a new formula, but the 2 quarts that I have purchased since then are both a yellowish green like it was before. Kinda makes me wonder if the green stuff was a bad batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back