Schaeffers Oil Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a sales rep from Shaeffers Oil stop at my shop a few times. He talks a good game and his products sound good but are they? Also he is quoting me $11.50 a gallon for a Para Synthetic 1540 is that the going rate or is he trying to over charge. It seems kinda High. It is more money than my current oil and don't know if its worth it. any input would be appreciated. Thanks Larry

Excellent oil, and maybe the best for the money. If you do oil analysis, you can safely run this oil for twice to three times the miles or hours as a conventional oil, and with the cost of labor, filters, and oil disposal this will be the lowest cost--per mile or per year--oil you can get. Also, if you can measure it, you'll probably find 3-5% fuel consumption savings and lower wear rates on the engine.

The only way to find out for sure is to use the oil for maybe three oil changes and change according to the recommendations of the analysis lab.

Ken

Welcome Larry, I've been using Schaeffer's for over a year now in our vehicles and farm machinery and I'm quite pleased with them.For the money I don't think you could do any better and their greases are second to none.

quote:

Originally posted by Lawrence Richards:
I have had a sales rep from Shaeffers Oil....talks a good game and his products sound good.....

Schaeffer.....the product is good, but the Rep's are not. For years, all the rep's I contacted went on and on about how great the stuff was, then spent as much or more time explaining how they supplied to Fleet and Agricultural Clients and then went on and on about how they could not supply to regular automobile users, unless they bought some ridiculous wholesale quantity. Well, I say if you can't do the job, take your name off the dealer list and get the hell out. Don't go on and on making excuses.

Having vented, Bitog site introduced me to those great people at Mills Outdoor Power Equipment, and they got my Schaeffer's out to me right quick. Mills is the only guy you want to deal with for Schaeffer's products.

The Schaeffer’s 15W-40 may be one of the best fleet oils out there. The price your sales person is charging is pretty fair. I pay around $2.65/quart for this oil. I use the #700 Supreme 7000 15W-40 in my Jeep with great success. Run a search in the Used Oil Analyses section, both in the gas and diesel sections for Schaeffer’s, and you’ll get an idea of the quality. Their 221 grease, 131 Neutra, and #132 Moly are simply awesome products.

[ December 12, 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: darrenc ]

quote:

Bitog site introduced me to those great people at Mills Outdoor Power Equipment, and they got my Schaeffer's out to me right quick. Mills is the only guy you want to deal with for Schaeffer's products.

Yup, I ordered some #701 & #315 from them just a few days ago. It was my first experience dealing with Mills and I must say, it was very easy and painless.

quote:

I have had a sales rep from Shaeffers Oil stop at my shop a few times. He talks a good game and his products sound good but are they? -*-*

I sell a different line (another company), and have to say yes, yes, they are very good. Are they the best, well that's open to discussion, but let me tell you that if I was not selling where I am at now, I would consider very heavily to go over to Schaeffers. IMO, there are only a hand-full of companies like this and they all have very good oils, each with their own specialty products and markets... but they are a good company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back